Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

I have read a few posts on this subject but have not come across a solution.

Using the firefox extension I am about to change the element.style to 60px to correct my problem (top module – orange was approx 5px to short.)

Can anyone tell me where abouts I change this element in my css files?

Sorry about the image size.

swemmel Friend

Hi Oscar,

I am not sure if this is the solution. I am at my work and can not install the template to debug, but try this:

Find in you template_css.css:

#ja-spotlight .ja-box {
    float: left;
    overflow: hidden;
    }

And change it into:

#ja-spotlight .ja-box {
    height: 60px;
    }

Regards,
    Peter

oscar_nz Friend

Hi Peter,

I tried your suggestions, as well as putting it into several other places but it did not fix the problem. Thank you for taking the time to post.

Regards
    Clark

scotty Friend

Do you have a link to the page?

oscar_nz Friend

<em>@scotty 87258 wrote:</em><blockquote>Do you have a link to the page?</blockquote>

http://jetboatingaustralia.com/dev/

swemmel Friend

Did you try to give an extra return in the html-code for the custom-modules for blue and orange? Or delete one empty line from the custom code in the green module?

Peter

swemmel Friend

oscar_nz;87267http://jetboatingaustralia.com/dev/

You can not have Website Design by <your name>. See the JA FAQ’s. Instead you can say Website developed by <your name>. 😉

Regards,
    Peter

scotty Friend

This is not really a proper fix but it works for now…

on line 387 of template_css.css change it to…

div.module-orange div div div {
    background:transparent url(../images/box-tl-orange.gif) no-repeat scroll left top;
    padding:9px 15px 37px;

The orange module seems to be structured and styled different to the others for some reason. I don’t have that template installed anywhere so hard to test but solution above is a work around.

EDIT: PROPER FIX

Of course the last module is different. You added the style height to it. Remove that style height, currently set to 33px and change the .css line 387 to…

div.module-orange div div div {
    background:transparent url(../images/box-tl-orange.gif) no-repeat scroll left top;
    padding:9px 15px 15px;

For some reason it is set to 10px in the css and that’s your 5px shortfall. The other modules are 15px.

oscar_nz Friend

thanks Scotty, problem solved.

oscar_nz Friend

<em>@swemmel 87283 wrote:</em><blockquote>You can not have Website Design by <your name>. See the JA FAQ’s. Instead you can say Website developed by <your name>. 😉

Regards,
    Peter</blockquote>

Thanks Swemmel,

I will change that.

andreashofelich Friend

Hi there,

as you can see here, I got the same problems with the modul-height on position user8 / user 9 / top.

When I change the template_css.css in line 944 from

#ja-spotlight .ja-box {
    }

to

#ja-spotlight .ja-box {
    height: 230px;
    }

the modules do have the same height, but get cut off, so the rounded courners at the bottom are not longer shown. It then looks like this screenshot:

The other workarounds explained above to not work in my case. What should I do to fix this problem?

The module I’m using is called “mod_virtuemart”. There is a copy of it on each of the positions user8 / user9 / top showing different informations (login form/cart/product search).

Thanks for your help and have a nice day,

Andreas

andreashofelich Friend

Hello again,

I found a way to solve this problem. You can fix the height in the template_css.css .

Search for:

• div.module-green div
    • div.module-blue div
    • div.module-orange-div

and change it like this:

OLD:

div.module-green div {
    padding: 0;
    background: url(../images/box-bl-green.gif) no-repeat bottom left;
    }

NEW:

div.module-green div {
    height: 230px;
    padding: 0;
    background: url(../images/box-bl-green.gif) no-repeat bottom left;
    }

Please remind, that modules with the prefix -green, -blue and -orange have a fixed height now. So you have to chose a value for the height, that corresponds with your largest module.

Hope this works for others too,

Andreas

kdavid5350 Friend

I’m still having problems with height differences in 8, 9, and Top. in the top position I’m using the banners mod to display Corporate members logos which I’ve restricted to 200×45 but the box still seems to resolve to a greater height than the others. I’ve tried setting the .ja-box height to 135 pixels but that cuts off the rounded corners at the bottom. Any ideas?

kdavid5350 Friend

Andreas,

This was the fix. I used 175pix and it worked great. Thanks.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  kdavid5350 15 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum