Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

I posted on June 28 but the post disappeared.

Your full package and your canned products work fine with VM and Shopping II in the User 5 position but when I put the same stuff in a 1.5.11 joomla system with 1.1.3 Virtumart built from scratch, the standard VM products do not fit and the eadd to cart button does not apper. Additionally if I turn horizontal scrolling on the virtuemart modules that can go vertical or horizontal, they carve out a small piece of the left side and end the horizontal l to r scroll.

I know you guys are smart and if VM were current in the Shopping II full install package, I may have left it as is but it is critical that VM be as clean as can be and old versions won’t do.

So, I loaded Joomla 1.5.11 first, then the template, then virtuemart 1.1.3 And nothing looks like your sample. Your products are not the VM products but are with the quick setup The VM products out of the box do not fit into User 5.

Have there been any changes to SHopping II since your bundle QS for J1.5.11?

Shopping II redone for J1.5 seemed like a nice clean opportunity to not get in trouble yet here I am.

Things just do not work when not using the precanned system and they can;t work in VM because it is an old version and I would not run with the QS with an old VM.

I like the style of this template but I may have to scratch it because it does not work with the new VM and the new joomla.

Do you change product sizes or PHP code to make this stuff work.

User 5 is my problem right now but there are problems with blank screens periodically when clicking on a product in the catalog and then after awhile on a go back and retry the same link works.

Have you fixed anything so I can download the current fixes or should I just change templates?

John Wesley Brett Moderator

Got a URL so we can see what you are describing?

Thanks,
    John.

scotty Friend

Hi,

The shopping template uses thumbnails for products that JA created to showcase the template. If you install VM and use VM’s demo products with a larger thumbnail then you are bound to have display problems. I suspect the user5 issue is due to this.

<blockquote>…there are problems with blank screens periodically</blockquote>Blank screens in Joomla are usually the result of a PHP error. If you have error reporting turned off then (as a security measure) the error will not be displayed on scrren so you just get a blank page. If you go to your global config panel in Joomla you can turn ON error reporting and you can then see what these errors are.

letsgojoomla Friend

http://www.letsgojoomla.com

Not in any way complete .

I stopped using user 5

If you want me to turn it on I will do so, and try to move in my products to the VM module that likes to be in user5 (I think featured products)

I love this template. SOme might think it is retro but it is beautiful. I am glad it has been brought forward to J1.5. Where user5 is positioned it is very important.

Thank you

letsgojoomla Friend

From your perspective does that mean that the User 5 area which in many ways is the highlighting mechanism for this template — right in the middle above the first article — is not coded correctly to handle its typical use and I should not use it or that the Joomlart developers should make it work?

On other Joomlart templates, the featured products displays correctly.

I would think you are not telling me that I should find out the thumbnail size that the Joomlart template builder used to make their sample products and then assure that VM creates a thumbnail of that size or change it myself!

My problem with every Joomlart template that I have tried is that there is a gotcha going from the demo to reality / implementation. I wish it were not so.

Thank you for your response. One day I’ll get my Irish self over the pond for a visit. In the meantime, keep it nice for me.

The best.

scotty Friend

For any joomla template, regardless of which club you are in, there will be customisation required to get it to fit your own needs.

The product slider needs to be configured to use your thumbnail size or… you need to adjust your thumbnails to suit the product slider. Open the slider in the module manager and I’m sure you will see options to adjust the parameters.

letsgojoomla Friend

Thank you for your response.

There is no product skider involved. The products are static and there is nothing in the mod_virtuemart_featureprod module which drives the user 5 space to adjust thumbnail sizes. It shows the products but not nicely arranged but the add to cart information so ncessary to a shopping scenario is not shown — too big to show in user 5. Yet, in the sample data, it fits and runs fine.

In practice VM resizes the product prictures loading up and it creates the thumbnails for the user. Not being able to display VM’s sample products is a major shortcoming here. I do not think that one should need to get into template CSS in order to effect simple changes.

Thanks again for your comments.

Is this supposed to work other than in demo form?

letsgojoomla Friend

I found a read me and I followed the directions

Is it possible that this template will not work properly no matter what I do in all ways (Such as user5) with the new virtuemart?

It is a VirtueMart template retrofitted for J 1.5. and made to work with an old version ov VM.
    Yet, its only reason for being is VM and if it is not able to run with the current VM, a note would be adviable so that folks like me do not spin our wheels….

This doc indiactes this was tested for an old VM.

I am on 1.1.3 (current)

———————–

II. VIRTUEMART INTEGRATION
    ————————–

We use 4 VirtueMart addon modules / mambots. They are:
    – mod_virtuemart_featureprod
    – mod_virtuemart_latestprod
    – mod_virtuemart_cart
    – virtuemart.searchbot

To make them run smoothly in JA Shopping II, you may need to configure your site following these instructions:

– Place the mod_virtuemart_featureprod module to position: user5
    – Place the mod_virtuemart_latestprod module to position: user6
    – Place the mod_virtuemart_cart module to position: user7

We are using VirtueMart 1.0.5 stable

————————
    III. CHANGING THE FOOTER
    ————————

Open the “footer.php” in the root folder of the template package and modify it to suite your needs.

——————–
    IV. HELP AND SUPPORT
    ——————–

The .psd files and fonts can be found in the source_files.zip file in case you need to modify some text.
    If you find difficulty in setting up the JA Shopping II template, feel free to contact us at
    support@joomlart.com.
    We now have a customers’ forum so if you have an idea, suggestion or need help, come to visit the community any time you want.

letsgojoomla Friend

Please just say nobody cares and nobody is going to fix this.

Here is another thing wrong.

Somehow The Top Menu and Main Menu are connected by default. I can disable all the modules and the main menu displays in user 3 though this is where the top menu is supposed to materialize.

There are only four items in the top menu yet all of the eight items defined for the Main menu appear in the top menu and in the main menu when both modules are enabled —

The template completely ignores the top menu. The only way something appears in the top menu is if it is defined in the main menu. The main menu refelcts one for one in the top menu, regardless of what is in the main menu.

———————-

I just double checked myself

The buttons at the top (one of which is HOME) are completely unchangeable. I said user 3 was the issue because in the sample Joomla puts its top menu in user 3. With this template, it is hard wired to take the main menu, whether published or unpublished and sparay it intp an area not reported on by /index.php?tp=1

In order for me to change the captions on those buttons, I have to change the main menu. Then, if I publish the main menu on the left as the default sample data had done, I get the same menu items on the left as in the area above user5.

When JoomlArt resurrected this template Shopping II from the ashes of its Joomla 1.0.x offerings, were you people really kidding.

This is a very attractive template but its mysteries make it appear that nobody there cares about quality.

Are you going to fix this or not!

It is the only template from JoomlArt that I have been able to use and I may still use it though every phase of this tmplate is limiting. It stinks!

I’ve tried Teline II and others and they just don;t come close to the demo.

Are you going to fix this or not or are you going to continue to ignore my request because I picked a template that you do not care about.

scotty Friend

Please make a screen shot explaining what you want to fix and enable user5 on you site so we can see what your talking about.

letsgojoomla Friend

http://www.letsgojoomla.com

Irony upon irony.

The template worked with the Joomlart sample data. It did not work with the upgraded joomla 1.1.3 code and the standard VM product set.

I turned off user 5 because it made my site ugly and eventually I replaced all the sameple products with my products. There is no slider involved of which I am aware.

I never turned it on again until you asked me. My own products work like a charm just as the sample Joomlart products worked. It is the VM sample products that do not work with this template — perhaps because VM never put them through the same thumbnail creation process as my pictures went uder to become VM products Perhaps they just carried out-of size thumbnails.

If you have other people struggling with this template as I was and not being able to reconcile it, you might want to tell the VM folks to resize their samples or make user 5 so it does not care.

Anyway, this is good.

Thank you for your response.

Now, can you explain to me why the menu system is messed up in that the buttons refelct the contents of the main menu as does the main menu. It is a duplicate and the buttons cannot be changed other than by chaging the main menu. If I disable the left side main menu and there is no standard menu enabled on the system, it takes the main menu stuff (that is disabled) and displays the text over the “buttons”.

You can see this in the site. The top menu and the left menu is identical but only one module is enabled — left!

scotty Friend

I think you should read some of those books you are selling!

The ‘main menu’ that is at the top is your horizontal navigation menu which you have assigned your main menu to in your template manager. OK?

The menu on the left is a menu module published to the left position which is also assigned to your main menu. OK?

If you open this module in your module manager you can assign which menu is assigned to it, which pages it appears on, and so on.

letsgojoomla Friend

We’re not communicating.

“I think you should read some of those books you are selling!”

Wise ass!
    It’s always those that think they know everything who think everybody else is dumb and chooses to treat them accordingly.
    I did not buy a template from JoomlArt to have some nerd take pot shots at me or my site.

“The ‘main menu’ that is at the top is your horizontal navigation menu which you have assigned your main menu to in your template manager. OK?”

What are you talking about? What options do you get in Template Manager?
    The only option is to set the default template — Shopping II
    How is this horizontal menu connected to the Main Menu? What does this?

The menu on the left is a menu module published to the left position which is also assigned to your main menu. OK?
    When I disable this mane, the top menu shows the items on this menu though no menus are active.

Teach me something!

Downloads: 101
    Uploads: 0
    Credits: 17,175
    Provided Answers: 90
    Provided Answers: 90 (Mark Best Answer)

——————————————————————————–

I think you should read some of those books you are selling!

The ‘main menu’ that is at the top is your horizontal navigation menu which you have assigned your main menu to in your template manager. OK?

If you open this module in your module manager you can assign which menu is assigned to it, which pages it appears on, and so on.

scotty Friend

Nerd? lmao!

What are you talking about? What options do you get in Template Manager?
    The only option is to set the default template — Shopping II
    How is this horizontal menu connected to the Main Menu? What does this?

When you open the template manager click on the template name and you will see the template configuration options. In these options you will see where you select which menu you want to use for the horizontal menu.

If you open your module manager you will see a module published to the left position called “Main Menu”. If you open this module you can see on the right which menu it is linked to and you can change it to a different menu if you want or you can turn it off altogether.

In my first reply on this thread I explained to you what your problem with User5 was but you insisted it’s either a problem with Joomla or Virtuemart.

I would think you are not telling me that I should find out the thumbnail size that the Joomlart template builder used to make their sample products and then assure that VM creates a thumbnail of that size or change it myself!

That’s exactly what I’m telling you! But you have refused to listen again and again. If you behave like a five year old then you’ll be treated like one!

Good luck with your site.

letsgojoomla Friend

My latest post disappeared after I responded to an insult so the rest of the world now does not know how this was solved.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  letsgojoomla 14 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum