Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I replaced the default favicon with my own one in the /templates/[my_template] directory, and I got surprised, because the old one hasn’t been replaced.

I didn’t understand, why and I looked at the source code in my web browser and I found this line:

<link href="/plugins/system/jat3/jat3/base-themes/default/images/favicon.ico" rel="shortcut icon" type="image/x-icon" />

So, the favicon available for the base theme in the /plugins directory is used by T3.

Well, I think, it would be better to use the favicon uploaded into the /templates/[my_template] directory, because this is the standard way. and in the case of the plugin update my own favicon will be overwritten.

itaworld Friend

Place your favicon here in this folder: /ja_t3_blank/local/themes/your-theme/images, and it will show

LocaLiceR Friend

You’re right 🙂

pinta83 Friend

Guys….u gotta love overrides 🙂
    1. “plugins/system/jat3/jat3/base-themes/default/blocks/” copy the “head.php” to “templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE_NAME/blocks”
    2. Edit the newly copied “head.php”
    3. Around line 30 there should be
    [PHP]<link href=”<?php echo T3Path::getUrl(‘images/favicon.ico’) ?>” rel=”shortcut icon” type=”image/x-icon” />[/PHP]

Replace it with:
    [PHP]<link href=”<?php echo JURI::base(true).”/templates/”.T3_ACTIVE_TEMPLATE ?>/favicon.ico” rel=”shortcut icon” type=”image/x-icon” />[/PHP]

This will now allways load the favicon from your templates directory….
    Enjoy 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  pinta83 12 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum