Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

OK, I realize I have a couple posts already in this forum, but we are really trying to get this template to work for our new business:

We would like to have different sections of our website (each section targeted at different types of users) to use the same Villadi template, but with different color schemes in each sections. For example, Section A would have the -orange theme, Section B would have the -blue theme and Section C would have the -green theme.

Is there any way to do this without installing three different instances of the template with different names? How could we assign different color themes to different pages?

If not possible, is installing three different versions of the same template as simple as giving them different names in the templates folder and changing the <name templatename /name> in the templateDetails.xml file?

Thanks!

Sherlock Friend

Hi poppycards !
    This is posible , but you must edit more code and add new css files for it . I can explain way to do it following :
    – Open index.php file add code here :

<link href="<?php echo $tmpTools->templateurl();?>/css/colors/<?php echo $color;?>.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

this is code for load color css file , You can use it in index.php file in templates/ja_vallidi folder.
    You must create new css file and add they to templates/ja_villadi/css/color folder .
    $color is variable for get color , if want color change on each page you must change this variable on each page bay use itemid .
    example :

switch ( $itemid) {
    case 1 :
    $color = “blue”;
    break;
    case 13 :
    $color = “green”;
    break;
    ……………………
    default :
    $color = “default”;
    break;

}

poppycards Friend

Thank you for your quick reply. I am not sure I completely understand what I need to do with the CSS files, but I’ll try it and reply back here if I have further questions.

Thank you very much.

wogand Friend

could u explain how to exactly change the color of a page by using $color ?
    i created a new color css and placed it in color folder.
    What must I do to let the page of a menu item choose that color.css?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  wogand 15 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum