Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

I started making a clean install and installed all latest versions 1.08 and Joomla 3.7.4

Enabled JA BUILDER as main template. Then added a homepage. The home menu item got changed to JA builder. Good so far, but then when I create many blank pages by clicking on the new green button, it did not generate a new menu item. I had to manuall add them via the backend and attach a JA builder page to it. PRobably not the way to do it. Then, I remembered a problem from the past.

When you make a homepage, it sometimes under sertain conditions, it generates an url with domainname.com/components/ja-builder/?jub=edit for the homepage while it probably should not show components/ja-builder at all but show domainname.com/?jub=edit. To me this MIGHT look like the reason other pages are not made in the menu like described above. Now after I did add content to domainname.com/components/ja-builder/?jub=edit and after that I clicked a live edit, it sometimes jumped to the RIGHT page url domainname.com/?jub=edit but without the content! All homepage content is lost/wandering around in the system but can’t be shown anymore.

1. Does it have to do anything with login in as a premium partner?
    2. Maybe a workflow needs to be rechecked that people cant have a branched function for creating pages but it only can happen on 1 way.

In addition I wanted to CLOAK a email but that does not happen with the Content – Email Cloaking plugin enabled. Can you guys insert that functionality? Now I have no idea how to cloack emailaddresses other then to use 3rd party stuff.

Secondary addition: I use Watchful.li. Does JA-builder support this? I have 400 websites and its one of the most problematic experiences within our company as of this moment that JA manager and the installation of T3 and templates and all of the updates of JA cant work without manually installing them inside the backend for each site. I beg you guys to stay native Joomla and skip that JA manager tool. I understand repository is cool to have, but please make it work with watchful.li.

www.creaktor.com

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

I just tried to replicate the issue but it worked properly:

• In admin panel > JA Builder > I create a new page called ‘New Page’ – assign to Main menu and it created a new menu item also.

• When edit this page, the URL is: index.php/new-page?jub=edit

Could you share the login info of your site so I will take a look?

Creaktor Branding Agency Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.

www.creaktor.com

Adding a new page from the BACKEND via this page: http://alexandrawesterntraining.testcreaktor.nl/administrator/index.php?option=com_jabuilder&view=pages results in NO NEW menu item being made on this page: http://alexandrawesterntraining.testcreaktor.nl/administrator/index.php?option=com_menus&view=items&menutype=mainmenu

It does work from the FRONTEND.

Adding a new page from the BACKEND, ask me what MENU-ITEM I want to choose when I make a new page, but it should give me what MENU I want to choose.

www.creaktor.com

And probably it should never be part of the backend, because otherwise REVISION does not work from the FRONTEND.

www.creaktor.com

And I can’t create a submenu page from the front-end.

Ideally, it should be possible to choose what menu you want a page to reside in AND if it should be in the ROOT or inside a existing menu item as a sub-item.

www.creaktor.com

O, when I create a NEW PAGE from the BACKEND it does not make a menu item like I described AND I had previously created a NEW PAGE from the FRONTEND, THEN when I remove that created NEW PAGE from the BACKEND it will remove the SECOND LAST PAGE from the menu BACKEND that was created in the FRONTEND.

Now the page is gone and I need to create a new menu item that might have

www.creaktor.com

Saguaros Moderator

I had to reinstall due to a deadline.

www.creaktor.com

Saguaros Moderator

Ok thanks!

www.creaktor.com

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Creaktor Branding Agency 6 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum