Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

I am getting this as I want to install joomsocial on my admin:

“JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find XML setup file”

as shown on the menu of the demo. there is a jomsocial on the main tab.

Please help.

dkabbey Friend

Hi,

I am having a problem to install the jomsocial component.

this the error I get when I try: JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find XML setup file”

Would you please help! Thanks a lot.

I would like a tab similar to the one one the “social” demo.

Thank you

pavit Moderator

Hi

Did you downloaded the JomSocial component from JomSocial.com ? then unzip the package on your local , and install the com_community.zip file

dkabbey Friend

Thank you!! Do you know how I can install the “com_community.zip” That’ where I have problem. Or if you don’t mind to install it for me, please.

pavit Moderator

<blockquote>Do you know how I can install the “com_community.zip” </blockquote>

You can install it through Extensions -> Extension Manager -> Install Tab –> Upload your zip file and click on install

The installation is exactly like any other component or Module or Plug-in

If you have problems send me a PM with your details for the log-in i will install it for you

dkabbey Friend

Thank you:

here is the detail to login in:

pavit Moderator

Please copy your downloaded com_community.zip file on your webserver after you have done send me a Private Message with the name of the folder where you copied it and i will install for you

dkabbey Friend

Downloading the file to the webserver is another problem i am having. I downloaded the component from Joomsocial. Here is my joomlart login info:. If you don’t mind downloading from there, that will be great! I truly thank you.

pavit Moderator

Sorry but your membership on JomSocial is expired ( 4-may-2012 ) you need to renew it to download the software ( at least with the account you just provided me )

dkabbey Friend

My service is still up to date: I checked my membership and it is good till January 7th 2014. Would you please recheck. Please let me know. Thank you!

================================================================================================
    Invoice #294674
    Date of payment: 05 Jan 2012
    Time of payment: 20:18:46 (PST)
    Merchant:
    J.O.O.M SOLUTIONS CO., Ltd
    ————————————————–
    Suite 3005 – T34 Building – Trung Hoa – Nhan Chinh Hanoi, Vietnam
    Tel: (84 4) 2212820 – Fax : (84 4) 2212821
    Email: info@joomsolutions.com
    Website http://www.joomlart.comhttp://www.joomlancers.com
    Customer:
    Etechx Web Services

E-Mail: djagba75@gmail.com
    Tax Number:

Product Title Period Payment System Amount
    Renew JATC Standard Membership – 1 year 07 Jan 2012 07 Jan 2013 PayPal $49.00

Thank you for your business!

pavit Moderator

<blockquote>I am having a problem to install the jomsocial component.

this the error I get when I try: JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find XML setup file”</blockquote>

To install the JomSocial Component you need to download the Component from JomSocial website HERE since this is an external component not included in the JA_Social template.

I don’t understand why you are giving me your Joomlart Access. i don’t need it

To have the component installed

1) Download it from JomSocial website
    2) Unzip on your local drive the package downloaded
    3) Install the com_community.zip file through your Extension Manager Install feature that’s all

tfosnom Friend

Try this guide
    Just ignore the Joomlart specific Download part
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/joomla-1-6-component-installation-guide/
    Shannon

Anonymous Moderator

<em>@dkabbey 351895 wrote:</em><blockquote>My service is still up to date: I checked my membership and it is good till January 7th 2014. Would you please recheck. Please let me know. Thank you!

================================================================================================
    Invoice #294674
    Date of payment: 05 Jan 2012
    Time of payment: 20:18:46 (PST)
    Merchant:
    J.O.O.M SOLUTIONS CO., Ltd
    ————————————————–
    Suite 3005 – T34 Building – Trung Hoa – Nhan Chinh Hanoi, Vietnam
    Tel: (84 4) 2212820 – Fax : (84 4) 2212821
    Email: info@joomsolutions.com
    Website http://www.joomlart.comhttp://www.joomlancers.com
    Customer:
    Etechx Web Services

E-Mail: djagba75@gmail.com
    Tax Number:

Product Title Period Payment System Amount
    Renew JATC Standard Membership – 1 year 07 Jan 2012 07 Jan 2013 PayPal $49.00

Thank you for your business!</blockquote>

Hello,

Just want to clarify that Jomsocial is not our product and not related to your JATC membership. Pls re-check your membership for Jomsocial component.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Anonymous 11 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum