Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hi

If you do not have a backup will be very difficult to restore your website since backend is no more accessible, my suggestion (after you backupped all your website files) is to install on local an older version of joomla that was correctly working ( maybe 3.8.3 ) then copy via ftp on your website only joomla folders to overwrite your new version installed with old joomla files, do not override confoiguration.php file it contains database info and other settings that shouldn’t be overrided.

Regards

djalloh1005 Friend

Problem solved. I download joomla 3.8.5 unzipped it and deleted the installation folder and the other files leaving the remaining folder. After that I zipped it and uploaded it to my cPanel and unzipped it there. Went to the backend and front end and everythg is back like before. After that I updated it to the latest version 3.8.6. Problem solved. Thank you Pavit

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by  djalloh1005.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  djalloh1005 6 years, 4 months ago.

The topic ‘URGENT HELP: I was updating my website and the light internet went off.’ is closed to new replies.