Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I am on a deadline to have a site up (my friend’s deadline) for his speech he makes tomorrow. I got an installation of joomla 1.0.11 up on a powweb server at http://htohconsulting.org/index.php but when i log into the admin panel and install I get an error: Upload template – Upload Error
    Failed to move uploaded file to /media directory.

Why is it moving files to the media directory? So I tried ftp into the templates directory and still get an unskinned version that is currently up (unless I have fixed this). I tried ftp into htdocs/htohconsulting/administrator/components/com_installer/template/ and I put the template directory there and referred to it. It installed fine but then it was still an unskinned version. Is it my installation of Joomla or am I a noob?
    😮

Khanh Le Moderator

Hi Christo2,

Please manual install the template by extracting the package and upload to folder htdocs/htohconsulting/templates. Then goto your Administrator Panel and select Polaris as default template.

christo2 Friend

That got it working. Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  christo2 17 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum