Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hello,
    I did a cross browser compatibility check today and the results are not promising. My contacts page displays the following error in Chrome, Firefox, and IE.

Before, the contact page was displaying correctly.

What could be causing this code to appear?

Error
    exception 'Exception' with message 'Contact not found' in /home/callitsc/public_html/makeacard.org/components/com_contact/models/contact.php:296
    Stack trace:
    #0 /home/callitsc/public_html/makeacard.org/components/com_contact/models/contact.php(230):
    ContactModelContact->getContactQuery(9)
    #1 /home/callitsc/public_html/makeacard.org/plugins/system/t3/includes/joomla30/viewlegacy.php(394): ContactModelContact->getItem()
    #2 /home/callitsc/public_html/makeacard.org/components/com_contact/views/contact/view.html.php(43): JViewLegacy->get('Item')
    #3 /home/callitsc/public_html/makeacard.org/libraries/legacy/controller/legacy.php(685): ContactViewContact->display()
    #4 /home/callitsc/public_html/makeacard.org/components/com_contact/controller.php(41): JControllerLegacy->display(true, Array)
    #5 /home/callitsc/public_html/makeacard.org/libraries/legacy/controller/legacy.php(722): ContactController->display() #6 /home/callitsc/public_html/makeacard.org/components/com_contact/contact.php(15): JControllerLegacy->execute(NULL)
    #7 /home/callitsc/public_html/makeacard.org/libraries/cms/component/helper.php(352): require_once('/home/callitsc/...')
    #8 /home/callitsc/public_html/makeacard.org/libraries/cms/component/helper.php(332): JComponentHelper::executeComponent('/home/callitsc/...')
    #9 /home/callitsc/public_html/makeacard.org/libraries/cms/application/site.php(178): JComponentHelper::renderComponent('com_contact')
    #10 /home/callitsc/public_html/makeacard.org/libraries/cms/application/site.php(224): JApplicationSite->dispatch()
    #11 /home/callitsc/public_html/makeacard.org/libraries/cms/application/cms.php(245): JApplicationSite->doExecute() #12 /home/callitsc/public_html/makeacard.org/index.php(40): JApplicationCms->execute()
    #13 {main}

I haven’t touched the database or made any changes to my site recently. How come this problem just pops up all of a sudden? My webhost has turn on a spambot protection, could that be the cause of the error?

Thank you for your advice!

1. Contact-Us-Good
    2. Ashampoo_Snap_2014.10.16_12h11m11s_002_Contact-Us-Mozilla-Firefox
    yangyangli Friend

I’ve somewhat isolated the problem. Turning off “Site Offline” in global settings causes all sorts of issues. When the site is put online, the contacts page throws the error. Another problem that appears when the site goes online is the links to the default JA Neuvo bonus pages return 404 error pages. If the problem isn’t appearing for you, turn off “Site Offline” in global settings and try again. This issue is very serious as if the site breaks when I take it online, I can’t make my site live!

Saguaros Moderator

I have tested with local site using JA Nuevo template but without any issue as you mentioned.

Make sure that you clean all caches after changing and also try to turn off the SEF url / URL rewrite on your site and see how it goes.

yangyangli Friend

The problem is still present.
    I have turned off URL rewriting and cleared the cache. Also, I am now unable to edit the contact page because I cannot save. It says that the category is invalid and I cannot choose a category.

This is urgent and I need a solution. Please don’t tell me that you’re not seeing the problem. Try using IE or Firefox if the problem doesn’t appear for you in Chrome. Thank you.

1. Untitled20141103094402
    Saguaros Moderator

What it can display while there is NO contact category on your site? http://prntscr.com/52u5ac

Try to create a new contact category, it would show in the list.

yangyangli Friend

You are amazing! Hopefully, this didn’t take up too much of your time 😉
    Thank you so much, I thought I was going to have to remake the entire site because my old host messed things up. They turned on spam bot protection which required a CAPTCHA for login, and that broke Joomla bad. The damage is still present but not fatal.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  yangyangli 9 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum