Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I am trying to install the template file

It gives me the following errors –

ERROR: Could not find a Joomla! XML setup file in the package.

and

Installation file not found:
    /home/site/public_html/media/install_489021b6d94ad/

Could you please let me know what is wrong?

Thank you
    Mary

Menalto Friend

Try to unzip the package, in there you get 3 folders, when installing the template, browse to the templates folder of the unzipped package. There you should have a zip file for the template only.

mary77 Friend

yes, this is what I used

Menalto Friend

In the admin area, go to Help>System Info and the tab Directory Permissions, check that everything is green and writeable there?

mary77 Friend

yes, all are green

mary77 Friend

can I upload the files via ftp? do they all go in the template folder?

Menalto Friend

You can use ftp,no problems.
    Just remember to have a folder(ex: ja_mesolite) and in the folder all template files(index.php, css folder, images folder etc.)And upload the whole folder into the templates folder of your joomla site.

mary77 Friend

so, the admin folder goes in the template folder too?

Menalto Friend

Yes it does. If you need to use it you can upload the language file inside the admin folder it to the administrator/languages folder of your joomla site. Not sure if it will work straight out of the box,but it should to that.

mary77 Friend

Hello,

The template will still not install……………
    I uploaded via ftp and then when I go to template manager to select it, it is not even displaying as an option!

Please help me solve this issue ASAP

Thank you

Khanh Le Moderator

It’s quite strange that you cannot install template. Could you provide us your live url and administration account?

mary77 Friend

How do I sent that privately?

mary77 Friend

I found out and have sent you a pm

Khanh Le Moderator

I did install the template on your site without any problem. I also set it as default template. I guess you install wrong version of the template (you may install template for Joomla 1.5 on your joomla 1.0).

mary77 Friend

thank you very much

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

This topic contains 16 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  mary77 15 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum