Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Hey guys,

I have been waiting for some time waiting for the template to be upgraded to 1.7 but I can’t wait any longer.
    I’ve been looking at the Joomlart Update and Blog site but I cannot find the solution to my issue.

Does joomlart have a tutorial for how to upgrade a template from 1.5 to 1.7?

Thanks

Phill Moderator

Unfortunately there is no userguide nor can I tell you if and when Raite will be updated.

It is a complicated task updating a template to J1.7 from J1.5. Not only do you have the css to work on, which is the easy pare, but you also have to re-write all of the overrides so php skill are needed too. I would respectfully suggest that if you need a guide to work out how to do the job then you probably do not have the skills to do it. I could be wrong though, you could be an absolute coding genius but have never used JAT3 and need the pointers. If that is the case then feel free to read the wiki and share your completed work.

I will ask the question about older templates though. We are fast approaching the end of J1.5.x and it will be interesting to see what JA are going to do with older templates. Many other template clubs are only looking forward and not updating their back catalogue. It would be a shame to see some of the older JA templates go that way as there are some realy gems in the back catalogue.

aasbc Friend

Hey Phill, thanks for the reply.

I have been working with Mambo/Joomla for 5+ years and have knowledge of the 1.0 / 1.5 series but have been out of the game so to speak over the last year. For me to spend time to understand 1.7 when 2.5 is coming out in 3 weeks is not worth it which is why I asked if this template will be upgraded to 1.7.

I would hope/imagine the 2.5 will have a legacy feature for templates since 1.0 to 1.5 had a legacy feature for components.

Cheers
    Keith

Phill Moderator

Although the 1.7-2.5 jump looks big if you look at the numbers, J2.5 was originally going to be called J1.8 but it was felt that for long term releases they needed to put a .5 at the end hence 2.5. Learning 1.7 would not be a waste of time as anything working for 1.7 should work on 2.5, at least that is what is promised by Joomla.org

aasbc Friend

cheers, thanks for the reply.

antonio forte Friend

there is a chance to see Ja_Raite fot 2.5 ?

Martin Hagen Friend

yes like to see Ja_Raite for J 2.5. It is such a fantastic quite simple designed Template.

xeomueller Friend

Yes vote for J2.5 release!

jmgarciaprada Friend

I think nobody is listening to our requests

Phill Moderator

At this time there are no plans to update this particular template to J2.5.x.

Martin Hagen Friend

Like to get in too for j2.5. My wish for xmas

xeomueller Friend

I too, thats my wish for 2013 😉

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  xeomueller 11 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum