Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Hi,

What are the step and process in upgrading from JA Community Plus 1.1.1 to the latest version 2.5.3?

We are on a Joomla 2.5.14 site which was originally upgraded from a Joomla 1.5 site. However we are having a number of issues and need the template updated to the latest.

Could you please get back to me as soon as possible as we hoping to complete it during the weekend.

Thanks,

Andrew

imnlimited Friend

Just got it to upgrade to 1.1.2, but how do I get it to upgrade to 2.5.3 the latest version of JA Community Plus?

TomC Moderator

<em>@imnlimited 396217 wrote:</em><blockquote>Just got it to upgrade to 1.1.2, but how do I get it to upgrade to 2.5.3 the latest version of JA Community Plus?</blockquote>

The update should be available to you via your Extension Manager

if you are uncertain as to how to utilize the Extension Manager, to assist you.

imnlimited Friend

Tom,

By the way, the video in the link (http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/how-to-use-ja-extension-manager/) does not work.

Tried that already, hence my post. It only shows available update as 1.1.2, even though I added 2.5.3 to the repository already. When viewing the repository, I can see it.

It is like as if it thinks that I’m still using Joomla 1.5 and not 2.5. The T3 update worked and so did the extensions, but not the Template.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Andrew

phong nam Friend

Hi Andrew,

In this case, you can download and update the latest version of our JAEM component on J2.5.x first. Then you can try to update our template then.

Another solution is downloading the JA Community plus v2.5.3 template and installing it manually via Joomla Extension. Make sure that you do take a backup of your website.

imnlimited Friend

Hi,

I have the latest version of JA Extension Manager already installed. We have a customised version of the JA Community Plus template v. 1.1.1 and I really need to get it updated to the latest version as soon as possible.

I would really appreciate some help.

Thanks,

Andrew

phong nam Friend

Hi Andrew,

I missed to explain you clearly in this template upgrade case. The JA Community Plus template v. 1.1.x is a version built to work with Joomla 1.5 that is no longer support by Joomla community. Basically, there is a big difference in layout structure between template version on Joomla version (1.5, 2.5) and its integrated system plugins. Therefore, you can’t upgrade directly from the template J1.5 to J2.5.x version via our JAEM component.

The solution is installing the template J2.5.x version manually and redo all the customization again.

imnlimited Friend

Hi,

This makes no sense, as the site has been running as a Joomla 2.5 site with the JA Community Plus v.1.1.1 template for many months already. There must be a way to do this upgrade.

I asked this question to your support before we upgraded our account to a Developer account, and I was told that I should use the JAEM component to do the upgrade because of our customizations, now it is different again.

Is there any simpler way to do this?

Thanks,

Andrew

imnlimited Friend

I have re-installed the latest version of JA Community Plus Template to the test site, however I am having some issues with the displaying of the article images on the site.

Please see:

http://test.opgroeigids.nl/
    http://test.opgroeigids.nl/nieuws

The aspect ratios, etc. are all a bit messed up. I would like to get everything, including the images responsive.

Where do I correct this? I have tried removing and editing the image sizes, but this did not fix the issue.

Thanks,

Andrew

phong nam Friend

Hi Andrew,

<blockquote>The aspect ratios, etc. are all a bit messed up. I would like to get everything, including the images responsive.</blockquote>
    On your website, the with of right sidebar and article text area is too big so that the intro images don’t have enough space to display with bigger size. In this case, you can resize the intro image size by opening templates/ja_community_plus/css/template.css file, find lines:

div.article-image img {
    margin-right: 15px;
    width: 95px;
    }

Add the height property into that code block.

In addition, the JA Community plus is not a responsive template as we released so that you will need to cooperate with a developer to customize the Category Layout and add the more css styles if you want to make that images responsive.

imnlimited Friend

Hi,

<em>@Leo Burnetts 396744 wrote:</em><blockquote>

On your website, the with of right sidebar and article text area is too big so that the intro images don’t have enough space to display with bigger size. In this case, you can resize the intro image size by opening templates/ja_community_plus/css/template.css file, find lines:

div.article-image img {
    margin-right: 15px;
    width: 95px;
    }

Add the height property into that code block.</blockquote>

What should the ‘height property’ be?

<em>@Leo Burnetts 396744 wrote:</em><blockquote>In addition, the JA Community plus is not a responsive template as we released so that you will need to cooperate with a developer to customize the Category Layout and add the more css styles if you want to make that images responsive.</blockquote>

Do you mean my template is not the JA Community Plus responsive version which you released? Or is the JA Community Plus template not responsive?

I installed the latest version of your template (2.5.3) as I could not upgrade ours using JAEM. So this version (2.5.3) I thought was responsive?

Please can you respond to me asap.

Thanks,

Andrew

phong nam Friend

Hi Andrew,

<blockquote>What should the ‘height property’ be?</blockquote>

You can try with height: 95px; property.

<blockquote>Do you mean my template is not the JA Community Plus responsive version which you released? Or is the JA Community Plus template not responsive?</blockquote>

Yes. I want to confirm that JA Community Plus is not a responsive template, even the latest version 2.5.3.

imnlimited Friend

Okay so how exactly is JA Community Plus as a non-responsive template different to say JA University which is a responsive template?

I mean, JA Community plus seems quite good when I test it on different devices, and it also has the mobile and tablet styles included.

How or what else needs to be looked at to make it a responsive template? What would you recommend as the best solution to ensure that we have a versatile web / mobile solution?

Sorry, its just when I read about it it seems to say that it is great for all devices, mobile, desktop, etc….

A little bit of advice or details would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Andrew

phong nam Friend

Hi Andrew,

I’m sorry for being late on this thread. Iet me answer your questions regarding JA Community plus template’s supported features :

<blockquote>Okay so how exactly is JA Community Plus as a non-responsive template different to say JA University which is a responsive template?
    </blockquote>

Since the 1st release until now, JA Community plus is not a responsive template. You are right, JA University is.

<blockquote>I mean, JA Community plus seems quite good when I test it on different devices, and it also has the mobile and tablet styles included. </blockquote>

I agree. The T3v2 framework that JA Community plus runs on, does support the iPhone, handheld device layout beside the desktop version. That is why they seem to look responsive, but is not native responsive.

<blockquote>How or what else needs to be looked at to make it a responsive template? What would you recommend as the best solution to ensure that we have a versatile web / mobile solution?</blockquote>
    You can use the device’s stylesheets to make a Joomla template responsive. However, it will be great if you can hire or a Joomla developer to handle this complicated task.

Make sure that you do refer our T3v2 framework’s layouts at http://wiki.joomlart.com/wiki/JA_T3_Framework_2/Guides#Layouts

imnlimited Friend

Hi Leo,

Thanks for the info. However, I have tried this using Firebug and yes the image changes, but it does not display as it was set to in the article editor (Image Manager). e.g. left align, text on right, etc… or centered with text wrapping the image, etc…

Now it seems that this is a layout style, which is different to the older versions of JA Community Plus. Please have a look at our current site: http://www.opgroeigids.nl. You will see what I mean with how the same articles on the front page are displaying.

Really appreciate your help on this.

Cheers,

Andrew

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

This topic contains 19 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  phong nam 10 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum