Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Ok – upgraded a tested a test site to 2.5, made sure t3 system plugin was 1.6.

Now, my Ja t3 template is listed twice in templates. But thats not the main issue. When I try and edit any of the settings, it says the settings have been saved but in the template they are not, eg if I change width, says global settings saved. Go back into template, the old settings are there.

Now, I even have a JA_t3 blank template loaded, same issue.

So i even installed modified JA t3 template v1.08 and that has the same issue.

Now, If I make the changes on a non JA templste, they take.

Any ideas?

slewis1972 Friend

Ok, investigated further. Looks like the config files permissions are being reset. This only seems to happens in Ja t3 templates in 2.5, going from an upgrade.. It does not happen in 1.7.

can anyone replicate?

dieudonne Friend

I also made a test, but no problem for me (with JA Lime)
    No duplicate template.
    And I made some test with the “Theme Settings”, save it, and the theme is changing well.

I use Framework 1.6.0.

slewis1972 Friend

Are you using Joomla 2.5 after an upgrade?, if so, hmmmm.

So far tested with blank themes and same issue. Some of the files are not having the same permissions as that of a 1.7 site.

Phill Moderator

Slewis1972,

Which template are you using?

All the tests I have done with J2.5.0 so far seem to work well but until JA do their full testing and announce full compatability we can only provide minimla support to those who have upgrade problems. In this case though it does sown like a file ownership or permissions problem. When you upgrade files are written by Joomla so will have a different owner on a file system level than files you upload via ftp and on some hosts this can cause problems. If you have the facility to run the CHOWN command then that would probably fix your problem.

swissa Friend

<em>@slewis1972 296745 wrote:</em><blockquote>Are you using Joomla 2.5 after an upgrade?, if so, hmmmm.

So far tested with blank themes and same issue. Some of the files are not having the same permissions as that of a 1.7 site.</blockquote>

Upgraded from 1.7.4 too and no problems. Had the admin screen problems but purging all caches cleared that. No problems with the templates though.

If you have a backup from before the upgrade reload it, purge all caches, upgrade to 1.7.4, again purge caches (seems to be the thing to do before upgrade) and then upgrade to 2.5. Purge again. See if that works.

dieudonne Friend

@slewis1972
    Yes I’m using Joomla 2.5 after a upgrade from 1.7.4.

All caches cleaned.

Phill Moderator

Also, make sure you use the “Database” button in the Joomla back end after upgrading. It will always find some errors even on a clean J1.7.x to J2.5.0 upgrade.

beachstant Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 296752 wrote:</em><blockquote>Also, make sure you use the “Database” button in the Joomla back end after upgrading. It will always find some errors even on a clean J1.7.x to J2.5.0 upgrade.</blockquote>

Phill, could you please let me know where the “Databse” button is in the Joomla 2.5.0 back-end? I am just having a few “undefined” messages appearing from the JA Slideshow module, and want to see if the method you described may fix this issue.

Thanks in advance!

Phill Moderator

It will probably not fix those messages but you should do the database thing anyway

Go to the standard Joomla Extension Manager. You will have the normal tabs:- Install, Update, Manage, Discover and now there will be a new one called Database, then finally Warnings.

Click the database button and then the fix button. Last of all check the warnings tab and fix anything it shows.

Clear all your caches (Joomla, T3 and Browser) and if you still see ant error messages please PM me an admin logon and I will see if I can see anything.

slewis1972 Friend

Ok, just went onto another site that I upgraded to 2.5. The same previous JA t3 theme has the same issue. Its even on different webhost account.

Did the database trick, same issue.

When you press save, it says its saving the global config files but when I go check them. Plus I am also getting the JSMin exception error. I have to then go back into template, and turn off optimize css and js. Even though they say they are on, I select the drop down to no and click save. But of course if I go back into the template they say as on.

Phill Moderator

What template is causing the problem? Can I have a link please? If you do not want your link public please feel free to send it via PM.

slewis1972 Friend

Its a modified Ja t3 one. Just pm’d you the link to it.

Phill Moderator

The only link you sent me is to a .zip file. To look I need a super-admin logon.

slewis1972 Friend

Ok, just sent you full logins to backup site that has the same issue, but its linked to a copy of the database so feel free to mess.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

This topic contains 16 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Phill 12 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum