Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

The version of the current template has problems with Jomsocial 2.0
    you have a preview of an upgrade?

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

JomSocial 2.0 Beta 2.0 is still beta and so we are not releasing any update for the template. Please do not upgrade until we release the updates.

It will be lined up for testing / fixing post JomSocial 2.0 stable release.

Arvind

augengott Friend

yes, it’s beta right now but will be stable real soon.
    and the moment it is we need a fitting template.
    we don’t want to wait another week after release… so upgrade it!

also: the existing bugs haven’t been fixed? why??

augengott Friend

hello…

will JA ever answer questions?! still no fix and also no update.. 2.0 rc is available!

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

It has been answered above. Not possible to answer the same question again and again.

We will line up JA Sulfur and JA Social for testing and bug fixing after the stable release of JomSocial 2.0.

steinar Friend

<em>@augengott 202713 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    will JA ever answer questions?! still no fix and also no update.. 2.0 rc is available!</blockquote>

I believe your question was answered the day before you asked it: The upgrade will be tested and fixed after JomSocial stable release

A release candidate isn’t quite the same as a stable release. Take it easy, please. 🙂

augengott Friend

hey guys,
    of course I read and understood the post that they will do an upgrade AFTER the stable release.
    but to be honest, this doesn’t make sense for me. just think about: when there is a new version out I want to use this in the same moment. If they start with upgrading then it’ll take a week and so I can’t use the new version only because they were sleeping before.
    one more thing: jomsocial already released an OFFICIAL guide for template developer with changes from 1.8 to 2.0 so that the templates can be ready when the new version is out!!!
    you can view the post here in the official jomsocial forum:
    http://www.jomsocial.com/forum/index.php?f=90&t=23481&rb_v=viewtopic

steinar Friend

That’s your preferences. Other people may have other preferences. 😉

Yeah, maybe “they” are sleeping while waiting for a stable version of JomSocial. There is also a slight chance they are working on more pressing tasks.

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

<em>@augengott 203032 wrote:</em><blockquote>when there is a new version out I want to use this in the same moment. If they start with upgrading then it’ll take a week and so I can’t use the new version only because they were sleeping before.
    </blockquote>

We have 90+ templates to be updated for J 1.5.22 (testing is mandatory before exporting), 50+ extensions to be tested for J 1.5.22 plus again tested for templates. Now to make the list, JA Slideshow II is used in over 30+ templates, thats 30 tests alone there.

JomSocial update will have to wait for the above to finish. As said, its lined up and it will happen. Your repeated asking would not push it up on the list.

Probably the last post from my end in this thread.
    You guys can carry on in here.

Arvind

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Arvind Chauhan 13 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum