Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Hi there, we are currently using the Purity 2 template on an old site: http://divorceplanner.com.au/

The site hasn’t been touched for a couple of years. We want to make the site responsive without having to do too much to the site.

If we upgrade to the Purity 3 template will the site still work or will we need to reorganise the content?

Is there another simple way to make the site mobile friendly? Thanks.

pavit Moderator

Hi

<blockquote>If we upgrade to the Purity 3 template will the site still work or will we need to reorganise the content?</blockquote>

Your website is running on Joomla 2.5 , Purity III doesn’t support this Joomla version so you should first update your website to Joomla 3 then install Purity III template.

As reported in the Offiacial Purity III documentation page HERE FAQ Section

<blockquote>Purity III supports Joomla 2.5?
    We get lot of questions, if Purity III supports Joomla 2.5 or not, the answer is NO. Purity III is native with Joomla 3 and it does not support Joomla 2.5. You can try it with Joomla 2.5 but we do not provide any support or bug fixes. JA Purity III will support all J 3.x versions as and when they are released.</blockquote>

<blockquote>Is there another simple way to make the site mobile friendly?</blockquote>

T3V2 Framework based templates are already mobile friendly , you should update your website to latest T3 Framework that support responsive templates and also because Joomla 2.5 is come to end of support time ago.

pavit Moderator

Hi

<blockquote>If we upgrade to the Purity 3 template will the site still work or will we need to reorganise the content?</blockquote>

Your website is running on Joomla 2.5 , Purity III doesn’t support this Joomla version so you should first update your website to Joomla 3 then install Purity III template.

We get lot of questions, if Purity III supports Joomla 2.5 or not, the answer is NO. Purity III is native with Joomla 3 and it does not support Joomla 2.5. You can try it with Joomla 2.5 but we do not provide any support or bug fixes. JA Purity III will support all J 3.x versions as and when they are released.</blockquote>

<blockquote>Is there another simple way to make the site mobile friendly?</blockquote>

T3V2 Framework based templates are already mobile friendly , you should update your website to latest T3 Framework that support responsive templates and also because Joomla 2.5 is come to end of support time ago.

pavit Moderator

Hi

dme102 Friend

Thanks, so does this mean I can upgrade to the latest T3 and Joomla 3 and the Purity 2 template will become responsive?

Also if I upgrade to Purity 3 will it break the site’s appearance? Thanks.

dme102 Friend

Thanks, so does this mean I can upgrade to the latest T3 and Joomla 3 and the Purity 2 template will become responsive?

dme102 Friend

pavit Moderator

<blockquote>so does this mean I can upgrade to the latest T3 and Joomla 3 and the Purity 2 template will become responsive?

</blockquote>

PurityII doesn’t works with latest T3 version , you can update it to the Joomla 3.2 version but it will be not responsive.

<blockquote>Also if I upgrade to Purity 3 will it break the site’s appearance?</blockquote>

It depends from you not from the template , if you are able to manage it then everything will be in the right place , anyway the 2 T3 frameworks are bit different, i suggest you to take a look at the documentation first for T3 Framework and new PurityIII version

Take always a backup of your website first to make any change.

pavit Moderator

<blockquote>so does this mean I can upgrade to the latest T3 and Joomla 3 and the Purity 2 template will become responsive?

</blockquote>

PurityII doesn’t works with latest T3 version , you can update it to the Joomla 3.2 version but it will be not responsive.

<blockquote>Also if I upgrade to Purity 3 will it break the site’s appearance?</blockquote>

It depends from you not from the template , if you are able to manage it then everything will be in the right place , anyway the 2 T3 frameworks are bit different, i suggest you to take a look at the documentation first for T3 Framework and new PurityIII version

pavit Moderator

</blockquote>

probertson34 Friend

<em>@dme102 479818 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks, so does this mean I can upgrade to the latest T3 and Joomla 3 and the Purity 2 template will become responsive?

Also if I upgrade to Purity 3 will it break the site’s appearance? Thanks.</blockquote>

I am quite new here, but I have done this before by making a copy of my current site in a sub-folder of public_html, duplicate my database, assign a new user in that database, edit the configuration.php with the database user, password etc., and then try the upgrade to Purity III and make any adjustments for compatibility. (info on this at http://www.joomla-hosting-directory.com/joomla-articles/how-to-move-joomla/ ) All of this assumes that you have upgraded to Joomla 3.x first. Perhaps Pavet can validate this approach.

pavit Moderator

Hi @probertson34

I don’t know how you upgraded purity II since the 2 templates are based on different t3 frameworks

Anyway if it worked then your approach is correct.

Regards

probertson34 Friend

<em>@pavit 480573 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi @probertson34

I don’t know how you upgraded purity II since the 2 templates are based on different t3 frameworks

Anyway if it worked then your approach is correct.

Regards</blockquote>

Sorry Pavit, I should have been more clear… per your previous posted answer, to dme102, I upgraded to Joomla 3 and installed Purity III with T3. My key point was that by working on a copy, I could test to be sure the update worked before trying it on a live site. I was successful, but had to do some modifications and it was a small simple site. Thank you for all of your help in other posts, I have solved many issues reading the forum responses.

pavit Moderator

Hi

<blockquote> I could test to be sure the update worked before trying it on a live site. I was successful, but had to do some modifications and it was a small simple site. </blockquote>

Yes it is correct

<blockquote>but had to do some modifications</blockquote>

This is what i was referring when i said <blockquote>if you are able to manage it then everything will be in the right place </blockquote>

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  pavit 8 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum