Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

When updating modules in J!3 I get the following message:

Warning
    Update path does not exist

JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find XML setup file

Unable to detect manifest file

If this is a MagicQuotes issue, do I need to throw my custom php.ini into a particular folder to get updates to work? If so, which folder?

If this is an <install issue, can someone tell me where to find the files to edit and make it work?

In any case, I manually downloaded the modules and installed them one at a time and that worked, so this is more for the future.

With regards updating the OnePage template, I am afraid that if/when I do it will override all the changes I have made to css etc. Is this the case?

If so, can I just put all the MegaMenu css files in the right directories and it will work or is more required to make that happen?

Separate note: I’m pretty frustrated with this template that seems to be held together with sticky tape. OnePage is beautiful and it’s the reason I joined JoomlArt, but it’s turning out to be so much more trouble than it’s worth. I shouldn’t embarrass myself by expressing frustration publicly like this. It’s not like it comes from nowhere though. It comes from spending hours and hours and hours trying to get this thing to work. If you do consider revisiting this template, please make it more Joomla! friendly.

Stork11 Friend

Hello gibbshypnotherapy,

Could you tell me know which modules did you update that caused problem?

When you update a module, all the old files of module will be overwritten. So you should take a backup before updating.

Regards.

gibbshypnotherapy Friend

1) Thank you for responding. One of them’s the Content Popup Module. Another was the Quick Contact form but I updated it manually. I think there was one other I did manually too. I think my question is a more general J3 question rather than a JA question: just wanting to know the folder where updates are stored before install.

2) More importantly though is I would like to get the MegaMenu working. I have made so many changes to the OnePage template though that I don’t want to just re-install the whole template and have it override everything I have done. Is there a way to install the MegaMenu without fully updating the template?

3) The MegaMenu may not be necessary. The real issue I am trying to solve is that the current menu is displaying over the top of my logo when I resize the window. I could hunt out a width value somewhere, but it would be easier if you could direct me to where I can fix this. Thanks!

P Z Friend

I installed a fresh copy of Onepage for J3.0 just today. Before i could start working on the site i got a message saying i need to update. The T3 System plugin and Extension Manager component updated with no problems. But I cant update either the Content Popup module, the Quick Contact module or Onepage template. They all giving me the same error gibbshypnotherapy has shown

Warning
    Update path does not exist

JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find XML setup file

Unable to detect manifest file

<em>@Stork11 363469 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello gibbshypnotherapy,

Could you tell me know which modules did you update that caused problem?

When you update a module, all the old files of module will be overwritten. So you should take a backup before updating.

Regards.</blockquote>

Stork11 Friend

Hello all,

All extensions that got problem when updating are commercial ones. So you can’t update them using Joomla Update Manager. The Core Joomla Update Manager is only used to update non-commercial extensions.

Regards.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Stork11 11 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum