Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hello,

When my joomla control panel told me there were updates for JA T3 Blank template for joomla 2.5 , JA T3 System Plugin for Joomla 2.5 , and JA Typo Plugin I went and ran the updates (after making a backup of course).

After the updates, I lost all my custom formatting on my site such as background color/image, etc. Is there a way to keep the current setting? I know that I have one component that I keep the current css in the template/html/com_name/component name directory in order to prevent changes from being over written. Is there something similar I can do with my site template updates to prevent the changes from being over written?

If so, what files would I need to make a copy of and where would I have to put them.

Thank you in advance.

TomC Moderator

What you really need to do is set up a (or several) template overrides.

Template overrides are a good method for changing the way Joomla shows component and module output without changing the core Joomla system code. This is important because it means that as/when Joomla is upgraded to new versions, you will not have to repeat the changes you made.

Read more on Understanding Output Overrides

Also see: Layout Overrides in Joomla

Lastly, the Official HOW TO Override the Output from the Joomla Core

Hope some of this helps.

TomC Moderator

Here is a video tutorial that may also be of assistance to you . . . .

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 11 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum