Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I have a Joomla 1.0.15 site which was created with JA Zebrina v1.0. The colours have been extensively changed by creating a new css file and editing the gif files in /ja_zebrina/images. I see from http://www.joomlart.com/joomla/templates/showcase that Zebrina now has a v1.4.0 version which is Joomla 1.5 compatible.

(i) If I use ja_zebrina v1.4.0 will the look and feel to end users be virtually identical?
    (ii) Can my edited .css and .gif files be used as they are or will I have to re-work the new template
    (iii) Will I have to use J1.5 legacy mode
    (iv) Are there any performance or other disadvantages to using a relatively old template?

I may be able to persuade my client to use a new template but I would like to know the implications if he insists on a minimal change.

Cheers,

Nick

Anonymous Moderator

<em>@nkitson 184305 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

I have a Joomla 1.0.15 site which was created with JA Zebrina v1.0. The colours have been extensively changed by creating a new css file and editing the gif files in /ja_zebrina/images. I see from http://www.joomlart.com/joomla/templates/showcase that Zebrina now has a v1.4.0 version which is Joomla 1.5 compatible.

(i) If I use ja_zebrina v1.4.0 will the look and feel to end users be virtually identical?
    (ii) Can my edited .css and .gif files be used as they are or will I have to re-work the new template
    (iv) Are there any performance or other disadvantages to using a relatively old template?

I may be able to persuade my client to use a new template but I would like to know the implications if he insists on a minimal change.

Cheers,

Nick</blockquote>

Hi Nick,

Please see my replies in blue as below

>> Yes, normally,JA zebrina v 1.4.0 and the latest version have a similar look and feel.
    >> Yes, you can edit the .css and .gif files used as they are and you no need to rework the new template.
    >> This depends on each extension in joomla, you have to use it if required.
    (iv) Are there any performance or other disadvantages to using a relatively old templatie?
    >> No, there are not.

In short, if you want to upgrade your website to joomla 1.5 platform, you are required to use the template supported by joomla 1.5.
    In other words, you must use our JA Zebrina 1.5 template if you want to run JA Zebrina template on joomla 1.5 platform.

If you have any other question, please let me know.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Anonymous 13 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum