Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    I have a problem: when I write a new article inserted it in a category and publish it in home page too, I see it in the pages of that section, but I don’t see it in home page.
    After a one day (or less sometimes) it appear in home page too!
    I disabled all of cache (Joomla in global preferences and into template Telind IV settings) and I cancelled all of cache (JAT3 cache and global cache of Joomla).
    Can you help me?
    Thanks

infovasciaveo Friend

anyone can help me?
    Thanks

pixelzombie Friend

Hi infovasciaveo,

by publishing it “in homepage too” you mean that the article is featured (in J1.7) or you set that homepage radio button (in J1.5) right?

This feature of Joomla only works for the main content area and if you have a default menu link with the type Front Page Blog Layout as far as I know.

Teline IV calls all article previews with modules and not with the main content area. The main content area is not even displayed on the homepage.

What you saw was probably the module that showed the latest article (your new article) of the category you published it in.

Please tell me what you are trying to achieve and how I may help you with that.

Cheers

Frank

infovasciaveo Friend

Thanks for your reply.
    I useTelin IV for J1.5.
    I apologize, but I was wrong in describing the problem.
    I try to rephrase it:
    On the home page displays the items from certain categories (see attached image).
    If I post a new article in a category that is present in the home page, the article is clearly visible on the inside of the category, but not on the home page.
    It will also present the next day.
    Why this delay in updating the items shown on the home page?
    Thanks in advance.

1. Appunti01
    treyr3d Friend

What is the time limit before the cache is refreshed for you site or articles?
    I would try clear the cache in joomla an see if your article shows up on the frontpage then. From what you have described make me think the time on the cache refresh is to long.

infovasciaveo Friend

Thank for your reply.
    Clearly, after insertion of the article, I try to delete the cache of Joomla is, is that of JAT3, but to no avail.
    In any case, the setting of the cache is disabled (see attachement).

1. Appunti01
    pixelzombie Friend

Is the cache settings of your template also disabled? Please try to enable the development mode in the template manager and create a new article.

infovasciaveo Friend

Thank you for reply.
    Yes, the template cache is disabled.
    However, trial and error, I noticed that just saved the article, if I clear the cache in Joomla, the article appears on the front page.
    But it is unthinkable that it can always do that!
    For each each article should clear the cache?

pixelzombie Friend

No, deleting it all the time isn’t practical.

Disable cache in JA Tabs 2. Should be a Custom HTML module found in the content-mass-top position by default – under Advanced Options right hand side.

infovasciaveo Friend

Thank you very match for your reply.
    Unfortunately I can not find the setting that I should change. In attached image the page of JA Tabs 2.
    thanks

1. Appunti01
    pixelzombie Friend

That’s not the right module. It should be a Custom HTML Module. Maybe you’re willing to share the site URL and login data. I’ll have a look for you. PM is fine.

Are you using J1.5?

infovasciaveo Friend

I think I solved following her directions on how to disable the cache in JTABS modules, I have identified precisely the module was actually there and involved in this setting the cache (as you have indicated). I disabled the use of the cache and now it seems to work.
    Thank you very much!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  infovasciaveo 12 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum