Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I created a copy of the default.php tpl file to make a landing page template. In the default.php file I added a class="landing" to the body tag. Yay. It works wonderfully. Now I can modify my ‘landing’ pages with css to my heart’s desire.

When I update from 2.5.2 to 2.5.3 my class="landing" is no longer in the file so my layouts break. I double checked to make sure the file in the tpls folder still reads <body class="landing"> and it does. I double checked to make sure the right template is assigned to the menu item and it is. I also double checked to make sure the right layout is assigned to my template file and it is.

I tried uninstalling 2.5.3 and going back to 2.5.2 and everything works fine. I tried updating to 2.5.3 and again my body classes are gone.

Have the TPL files moved to a different location on the 2.5.3 update? or has their been some other coding change that can be causing this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Do u mean after update u have the custom classes not found in tpls/default.php , then please check /local/tpls/default.php file if its present . this tpls folder is an override of the original folder
    Did u tried to update the T3 to latest version and see how it goes . Also do not forget to take backup of site .

wdiggles Friend

Thank you for the reply. What I did is create more tpl.php files called home, landing, inbound, and tags for different layouts I wanted to accomplish. Yes, the files are in the local/tpl/ directory and the classes are in the .php files.

I first noticed that the classes were removed when I updated 2.5.2 to 2.5.5. I thought–maybe that is too big of a jump so I uninstalled 2.5.5 and installed 2.5.3 with the intention of updating 1 version at a time. The classes aren’t present after 2.5.3 either.

Attached are screenshots of my local/tpl folder, my home.php file, and developer tools while using 2.5.2 and 2.5.3. You’ll see the class is present in 2.5.2 but missing in 2.5.3.

1. local-tpl-directory
    2. home.php_
    3. developer-tools-2.5.2
    4. developer-tools-2.5.3
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 7 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum