Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

I had an article published on the Front page. It was the “normal” Welcome blurb. It was uncategorised….all good.

Tonight I wanted to change the Front page article. So I wrote the article, published it, to Front page too. UNPUBLISHED the Welcome article.

The new article does not show…but the UNPUBLISHED article still shows. I cleared every cache I could, I force-refreshed…I checked Frontpage Manager…yep, the new article is the ONLY article there.
    Obviously the template is pulling the unpublished article from somewhere, but I’m damned if I know where from, or how to make it stop appearing. I mean, I UNPUBLISHED it, it should NOT be appearing. ( I also just this minute tried TRASHING it….it still shows on the Frontpage>:( )

I had a quick look at the page source, and though I understand very little of it all, it seems as if the Zinc Template is pulling this trashed article in some other way than the normal Joomla! Frontpage manager.
    The site is: http://www.simplelivingfleamarket.com

Any help will be gratefully received.
    Thank you

sfpkent Friend

Hi,

Sorry, your site cant be viewed – “404 – Article #46 not found”. Would you mind give us the link again?

benarmeriii Friend

<em>@sfpkent 113218 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

Sorry, your site cant be viewed – “404 – Article #46 not found”. Would you mind give us the link again?</blockquote>
    Yes, I know it does…it just this minute started doing it! I am wondering if it’s because I trashed that article that is still showing up on the Frontpage. The really weird thing is, on MY machine, I can still access both the front end and the admin of the site….heaps of people have PM’d me saying they can’t access the site…I’ve contacted my host

It’s back now!!! I got it back by untrashing that stupid article and republishing it! try that link again http://www.simplelivingfleamarket.com

This kinda proves it’s something to do with this template I reckon

bennitos Friend

<em>@benarmeriii 113213 wrote:</em><blockquote>I had an article published on the Front page. It was the “normal” Welcome blurb. It was uncategorised….all good.

Tonight I wanted to change the Front page article. So I wrote the article, published it, to Front page too. UNPUBLISHED the Welcome article.

The new article does not show…but the UNPUBLISHED article still shows. I cleared every cache I could, I force-refreshed…I checked Frontpage Manager…yep, the new article is the ONLY article there.
    Obviously the template is pulling the unpublished article from somewhere, but I’m damned if I know where from, or how to make it stop appearing. I mean, I UNPUBLISHED it, it should NOT be appearing. ( I also just this minute tried TRASHING it….it still shows on the Frontpage>:( )

I had a quick look at the page source, and though I understand very little of it all, it seems as if the Zinc Template is pulling this trashed article in some other way than the normal Joomla! Frontpage manager.
    The site is: http://www.simplelivingfleamarket.com

Any help will be gratefully received.
    Thank you</blockquote>

Try turning your search friendy url’s off.

Then unpublish the current frontpage, and then pubish the new one to the frontpage.

Try again after (refresh cache)

Might do the trick.

benarmeriii Friend

<em>@bennitos 113233 wrote:</em><blockquote>Try turning your search friendy url’s off.

Then unpublish the current frontpage, and then pubish the new one to the frontpage.

Try again after (refresh cache)

Might do the trick.</blockquote>
    :((
    Nope, didn’t work. I simply cannot understand how an article can be unpublished, be NOT published to the Frontpage, yet still appear there.

benarmeriii Friend

Guess I’ll have to use the Premium email ticket thingy to solve this.

Hmmm, I’m sure there used to be a big banner thing about the “Premium email Support” ( maybe I’m wrong, maybe it was another template club)
    Does anyone know? Or am I just supposed to use the general “contact us”?
    This whole thing is getting kinda annoying

26th Feb: NOT impressed Jimmy.

shadoe Friend

Might be a stupid comment from me: but you’re aware of the fact that if its published on frontpage but not active you, as admin, still see it… at least I do on my sites, but if I’m logged in as anything lesser than backend I dont see it..

benarmeriii Friend

<em>@shadoe 117293 wrote:</em><blockquote>Might be a stupid comment from me: but you’re aware of the fact that if its published on frontpage but not active you, as admin, still see it… at least I do on my sites, but if I’m logged in as anything lesser than backend I dont see it..</blockquote>
    And if it’s been trashed? what then? and if when it’s trashed, it takes out the whole site? what then?;)
    Yep. am aware of that…..if you’ll read all I wrote…removing the article actually took out my whole site. It wasn’t just ME…heaps of members contacted me that night saying they couldn’t access the site.
    I have done a work around, but I’m not happy with the whole thing. I hate it when a business starts out with all sorts of easy access to support/help, then after a while the level of support drops. little by little…and it’s sad to see that happening here.
    Thanks for your suggestion though.

Urszula Dziki Friend

hey I know what you mean. Your problem is with menu assignment. It is assign to blog of articles. Home page. so if you trash it……..think about it. – you got no blog so nothing is assign for your home page..and cannot work..as you know in Joomla you need to have home page 🙂 So if you change menu type to article or anything else, you should be ok I think. it is because front page is assign to blog layout. I hope that it helps.. I mean menu is assign to blog. change to article and you should rock 😉 Go to main menu… you will see asterix there. .anyhow ..grr please forgive me .. just kidding now .. you know the rest 🙂 I know I am talking to someone who is not new to joomla so sorry.. We all have our blonde moments. I do have plenty of them hehe

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Urszula Dziki 15 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum