Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Hi,

In the attached screenshot you’ll see an Article branded "Unpublished" is being displayed in a Category Blog Menu on my website (tallandtrue.com.au – menu selection, Reviews).

I’ve had to workaround this problem for Home page Featured Articles by creating a sub Category under Unclassified called Unpublished and then assigning this to the Unpublished Article.

Is there a better code fix available to stop Unpublished Articles from being displayed?

Regards,
    Robertf

1. tallandtrue-unpublished
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi Robert,

I just visited the film reviews page on your site but didn’t see any articles there: https://www.tallandtrue.com.au/reviews/film-reviews/

If problem still persists, you can share the credentials of your site so I can take a look.

rocher Friend

Hi Saguaros,

Thanks for checking, but the reason you can’t see the Unpublished Article, is because I’ve used a workaround this problem for Home page Featured Articles by creating a sub Category under Unclassified called Unpublished and then assigning this to the Unpublished Article (as I explained in my support post).

This is a live website and I don’t want Unpublished (Draft) Articles to appear on it. I do have a test site for the Magz II template – I will see if I can recreate the problem there and send you the Admin credentials.

Regards, Robertf

Saguaros Moderator

You can share the credentials if the issue still happens in test site, I will check for you.

rocher Friend

Hi Saguaros,

I have tried, but I can’t reproduce the problem on my test site, despite updating Joomla and your template and plugins to the same version as on my live website.

I have also tried to reproduce the problem using a potentially less visited menu option on the live website and, again, the draft/unpublished articles are not displaying.

So I don’t know why this is happening for the main menus, that is in the featured articles and category blogs. Perhaps there was a "glitch" in one of the menus and by Saving as a Copy to create multiple "identical" menus, I’ve copied the glitch into all of the menus?

I have found another funny problem with the Nonfiction category blog menu. The articles weren’t displaying in the order I wanted, which is to ignore the Category and display Articles by Date Published. I set this in Global options, but for the Nonfiction menu, I had to "manually" set the Article Order to Most Recent First (it recognised the other Global settings).

I can live with this as I’ve created the workaround, with the manual setting in the Menu Item. I guess I’ll have to live with my other workaround for Unpublished Articles, where I set the Category to Unpublished, which sits under Unclassified and is not displayed.

Hopefully, this all makes some sense to you. Thanks for your help.

Regards, Robertf

Saguaros Moderator

This is weird as I can’t replicate the issue at my end. I also checked with the team but couldn’t see either.

rocher Friend

Thanks, Saguaros. What I’ll do, is replace the testing website with a copy of the live website. Hopefully, then I can reproduce the problem without Unpublished Articles appearing on the live website and you guys can help me work out what’s going wrong. Given my current workload, this will take a couple of days to sort out. I’ll let you know when I’ve made the testing copy and send you the Admin details.

Regards,
    Robertf

rocher Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi Robert,

Could you share the FTP account also?

rocher Friend
    rocher Friend
    rocher Friend
    Saguaros Moderator
    rocher Friend

Hi Saguaros,

I’ve checked and ALL my FTP credentials no longer connect. Earlier today I made some "tweaks" in Cloudflare and obviously I’ve stuffed up the FTP connections.

I will look into this tomorrow and advise you asap when all is fixed.

Regards,
    Robertf

rocher Friend
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

This topic contains 21 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 6 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum