Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I have migrated a 1.5 site to Joomla 3.0 and I used the University template as it was the closest to the old template.

However, today I discovered something very strange. When I went to the template backend I realized that Dev Mode was turned off and Join and Minify was turned on.
    Yet, I have been able to work with this template all along and by using Firebug or Chrome dev tools I was able to see every css file separately.

I turned dev on and minifying off and when I refreshed the template completely broke. I tried reverting but it had no effect.

So I did a diff with my local copy and I realized that inside param.ini the live copy was empty save for the last line

Live copy:

pages_profile="all=bluen"

Local copy:

devmode="1"
    cache="1"
    cache_exclude=""
    infomode="1"
    optimize_css="0"
    optimize_js="0"
    optimize_folder="t3-assets"
    optimize_exclude=""
    pages_profile="all=bluen"

When I uploaded my local copy the template was once again OK. So I did a view source for both states and I realized that when “Enable development” is on, it is infact off and vice versa. The same is true for the minifying.

Here is what the <head> looks like with Enable Development Mode = NO and minifying set to yes (both CSS and JS)

<link rel="stylesheet" href="/plugins/system/jcemediabox/css/jcemediabox.css" type="text/css" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="/plugins/system/jcemediabox/themes/standard/css/style.css" type="text/css" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="/media/jui/css/icomoon.css" type="text/css" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="/." type="text/css" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="/modules/mod_jaslideshowlite/assets/css/animate.css" type="text/css" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="/modules/mod_jaslideshowlite/assets/css/mod_jaslideshowlite-fade.css" type="text/css" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="/plugins/system/jat3/jat3/base-themes/default/css/addons.css" type="text/css" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="/plugins/system/jat3/jat3/base-themes/default/css/template-j30.css" type="text/css" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="/plugins/system/jat3/jat3/base-themes/default/css/template.css" type="text/css" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="/plugins/system/jat3/jat3/base-themes/default/css/layout.css" type="text/css" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="/plugins/system/jat3/jat3/base-themes/default/css/usertools.css" type="text/css" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="/plugins/system/jat3/jat3/base-themes/default/css/css3.css" type="text/css" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="/plugins/system/jat3/jat3/base-themes/default/css/menu/mega.css" type="text/css" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="/templates/ja_university/css/typo.css" type="text/css" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="/templates/ja_university/css/template.css" type="text/css" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="/templates/ja_university/css/layout-mobile.css" type="text/css" media="only screen and (max-width:719px)" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="/templates/ja_university/css/layout-mobile-port.css" type="text/css" media="only screen and (max-width:479px)" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="/templates/ja_university/css/layout-tablet.css" type="text/css" media="only screen and (min-width:720px) and (max-width: 985px)" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="/templates/ja_university/css/layout.css" type="text/css" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="/templates/ja_university/css/menu/mega.css" type="text/css" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="/templates/ja_university/css/mod_jaslideshowlite.css" type="text/css" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="/templates/ja_university/themes/blue/css/template.css" type="text/css" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="/templates/ja_university/themes/blue/css/menu/mega.css" type="text/css" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="/templates/ja_university/themes/blue/css/mod_jaslideshowlite.css" type="text/css" />
    <script src="/media/system/js/mootools-core.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script src="/media/system/js/core.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script src="/media/system/js/mootools-more.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script src="/media/jui/js/jquery.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script src="/media/jui/js/jquery-noconflict.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script src="/media/jui/js/jquery-migrate.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script src="/media/system/js/tabs-state.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script src="/media/system/js/caption.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script src="/media/jui/js/bootstrap.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script src="/plugins/system/jcemediabox/js/jcemediabox.js?version=116" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script src="/plugins/system/jat3/jat3/base-themes/default/js/core.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script src="/templates/ja_university/js/menu/mega.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script src="/modules/mod_jaslideshowlite/assets/js/script.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

And this is what it looks like with Enable Development Mode = yes and minifying = no

<link rel="stylesheet" href="/t3-assets/css_e0855.css" type="text/css" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="/." type="text/css" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="/t3-assets/css_915e7.css?v=2" type="text/css" />
    <script src="/t3-assets/js_80f1b.js?v=2" type="text/javascript"></script>

In addition, when the <head> looks like the latter version, my template is completely broken. Nothing works at all. Slideshow, template css, etc. It seems like whatever it’s doing it’s doing it wrong.

When it is set as the first example, everything works well, but it is not compressed.

Basically, if after I am done I decide to compress and minifying my JS and CSS I am out of luck.

One thing I have to point out is that I have Akeeba backup and Tools pro version and I know that akeeba also have the minifying feature. However, as far as I can tell it is turned off and should have no effect on the template.

I would appreciate some help with this. Thank you.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi conticreative,

I just logged into your site and saw that you’re using Joomla 3.2. Currently, JA University template is available with Joomla 2.5 and 3.0 / 3.1 only, it’s not ready for J!3.2 and this maybe the reason caused error. We’re still in process of updating this template to be compatible with Joomla 3.2. Please wait for the release of this update before upgrading to Joomla 3.2.

Regards

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 10 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum