Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Making changes to Joomla’s core files is often neccessary, but there’s a right and a wrong way to do it.

The WRONG way is to directly edit Joomla’s files. If you do, you’ll lose all your changes when you next update your site.

The RIGHT way is to use a layout/template override

The following is a list of informative resources to help you understand what layout/template overrides are in Joomla – and how you can use them to customize your JoomlArt Template based site . . . .

UNDERSTANDING OUTPUT OVERRIDES

HOW TO OVERRIDE THE OUTPUT FROM THE JOOMLA CORE

A BEGINNER’S GUIDE TO JOOMLA OVERRIDES

CUSTOMIZE YOUR JOOMLA TEMPLATES BY LEARNING OVERRIDES

OVERRIDING T3V3 CORE JOOMLA COMPONENT/MODULE TEMPLATES

Hope This Helps !!! 😎

billyray Friend

Hello Tom,

Is there a way in T3V3 to create new blocks or move them as you could in T3V2? I would like to add a slide show at the very top of the t3_-blank template above the menu and logo. Will this be an option in the layouts in future versions?

Thanks

Saguaros Moderator

Hi billyray,

Hope this video guide can help you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6b1JDZDCQw

timmiller Friend

Tom,

Thanks for your info. How can I change layout to the template? Not any component. I want to change items in the template.css file…but I cannot seem to figure how to do this…what folders, files do I need to create where?

Thanks!

TomC Moderator

<em>@timmiller 413588 wrote:</em><blockquote>Tom,

Thanks for your info. How can I change layout to the template? Not any component. I want to change items in the template.css file…but I cannot seem to figure how to do this…what folders, files do I need to create where?

Thanks!</blockquote>

Hi Tim:

It would be best to create a new specific issue thread within the section for the particular template you’re working with.

🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 10 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum