Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I have read through the documentation over and over and tried to read as many posts as possible in the forum, but there is something I am not initially understanding:

At:
    https://www.joomlart.com/documentation/joomla-templates/ja-teline-v/how-to#image-optimization

..it shows preset image sizes as :

Big image width 800
    Big image height 800
    Medium image width 250
    Medium image height 250
    Small image width 100
    Small image height 100

…but , when you scroll down a little more on that documentation page, it shows an example of a medium image (the clock) as width 262 and height 164.

What is the logic that it uses to go from width 250 x height 250 to width 262 x height 164?

Thanks in advance,

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

Normally, when you upload images to your site, you often use it everywhere on your site with the same size. This is not quite good as some places you need big images but other parts load small image size is enough. These 3 levels of auto-generated images: BIG – MEDIUM – SMALL just help you to have better performance on your site.

With being said, the part as in your screenshot loads MEDIUM images, however, it will be styled (padding/margin / min-height / max-height / etc…) due to the concept of the template so when you inspect the element, it will show the size with style.

I hope this makes sense.

seaneo Friend

Hi Saguaros,
    On your demo site for Ja Teline V, the medium size shows 200 x 200 in the article shared settings, but the lead-in image shows 262 x 144 live on the web.
    Where is this conversion coming from so i can change it?
    Many thanks

• This reply was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by  seaneo. Reason: thx
    Saguaros Moderator

As I mentioned above, it due to the design concept of template and it has style for that specific part.

Let share the credentials of your site and how you want it should be so I will give further suggestion. It would be better.

seaneo Friend

Hi Saguaros, I have been monitoring and I will engage your valued offer once I understand more the machinery operation underway on this topic, it is indeed not purely black and white and I appreciate Joomlart’s intents here, keep up the good work, regards

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  seaneo 6 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum