Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

I have noticed a critical issue with the Joomla 1.x version of the template (I have reproduced this problem on 2 completely different hosting providers – so that’s enough for me to say it’s a template issue, not a hosting issue)

I have attached screen shots showing that whenever you navigate to a different page there is a 5 to 10 second period where the website is looking up the ‘templates’ folder.

The template is installed with no extras or anything weird. If I install an alternate template, no such problem exists.

When viewing the site in IE there is no indication what is happening during the delay, but in firefox if you look in the lower left of the window you see a ‘Looking up http://www.mywebsitename.comtemplates (of course substitute my real website name for – but the .comtemplates appears as I have written – no slash)

Remember – I have reproduced this problem on two completely independant web hosters, and if I change templates the problem goes away.

1. barite2
    Nam Nguyen Phi Friend

Hi Cybatek,
    Thankyou for you information.
    Can you tell me the cause of these problem and give the solution of them.
    Thanks & best regards.

sevil Friend

Hello,

i have the same problem.
    I solved it meanwhile with adding a / after my domain name in configuration.php in the line
    Live Site.
    But now it shows it like this:
    http://www.mywebsite.com//content/…….
    But the loading time is now normal..
    Anyone has a solution for it?

jamboebol Friend

i have the same problem..
    the page load too long..
    i’ve tried to add slash ( / ) in configuration.php… after that the page load faster (normal) but another problem occur…
    an error will occur if you hit the home button after browsing some content..
    did anyone have solution for this problem?

davidbo Friend

I’ve now had 3 users using different browsers experience the same problem. Really need a fix on this A.S.A.P. >:(

davidbo Friend

and here’s the fix. In the template index.php file around line 55, there are these 2 lines of code…

<link rel="stylesheet" href="<?php echo $tmpTools->baseurl(); ?>templates/system/css/system.css" type="text/css" />

<link rel="stylesheet" href="<?php echo $tmpTools->baseurl(); ?>templates/system/css/general.css" type="text/css" />

You just need to insert a slash before the word templates as follows…

<link rel="stylesheet" href="<?php echo $tmpTools->baseurl(); ?>/templates/system/css/system.css" type="text/css" />

<link rel="stylesheet" href="<?php echo $tmpTools->baseurl(); ?>/templates/system/css/general.css" type="text/css" />

yavuzturk Friend

Thanksss … Super.. 🙂

kobryan Friend

I’ve reviewed the post and have applied a variety of the “fixes”. None of them fix the load problem on my site. The page load the masthead, navigation main body and position 8 immediately – then in what seems to be an eternity it loads left, right all other user positions and footer. The delay is painful and can’t be tolerated.

Can someone provide the solution or do I need to abandon this template.

Site can be viewed at http://www.campgroundsonline.com
    username: testers
    password: testing123

bennitos Friend

<em>@kobryan 113225 wrote:</em><blockquote>I’ve reviewed the post and have applied a variety of the “fixes”. None of them fix the load problem on my site. The page load the masthead, navigation main body and position 8 immediately – then in what seems to be an eternity it loads left, right all other user positions and footer. The delay is painful and can’t be tolerated.

Can someone provide the solution or do I need to abandon this template.

Site can be viewed at http://www.campgroundsonline.com
    username: testers
    password: testing123</blockquote>

cant login with that information

kobryan Friend

You should be able to log in now – sorry about that.

bennitos Friend

You have a awful lot of pictures in your slider.

I think its preloading them all (wich is like loads of pictures)

Try to limit it to like 6 pictures and see if that makes it faster.

mihirc Friend

<em>@bennitos 113247 wrote:</em><blockquote>You have a awful lot of pictures in your slider.

I think its preloading them all (wich is like loads of pictures)

Try to limit it to like 6 pictures and see if that makes it faster.</blockquote>

hello,

I completely agree with Bennitos. There might even be a stage when one of the images you have used it too large, and it takes years to load that image. Might be that as well.

It is always better to limit the slideshow to 5-7 images. As anyways, a visitor doesnt wait for a long time looking at the slideshow.

Regards,
    Mihir C.

kobryan Friend

that goes into the “duh” category. Thank you. I only had the scroll on as a placeholder and hadn’t paid any attention to what it was calling.

Thank you all for your answers and not calling me a bonehead.:D

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  kobryan 15 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum