Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I recently purchased a full install of Sanidine II and that was installed perfectly by one of the joomlart team.

Now however I am making amendments and am unable to upload files.

I have changed CHMOD settings but access is still denied.

“550 picture.jpg: Permission denied “

I have tried various FTP borwsers.

Hep would be greatly appreciated.

bennitos Friend

What permissions do you have on the folder (seing you CHMOD’ed it) 755?
    If so try 777 (this is NOT recommended) but pure for testing only.

cjmicro Friend

can you upload other files? if not, you may have run out of space…this happened on one of my accounts. probably not, but it’s also something to check, just to be sure. if you can upload other files but not the jpg, especially to the same folder, that can help narrow it down.

not sure this would cause files not to upload, but you may want to rename the file to have no spaces. I know some components are fussy about that, not having spaces in the filenames.

Cheryl

saintaclaws Friend

Even with 755 as CHMOD setting for the folder I am trying to upload into it will not allow me:

“550 picture.jpg: Permission denied ”

Neither will it let me upload any ind of file into the folder.

Is there a setting within joomla that could be reponsible? If not I fail to see what the problem could be.

sfpkent Friend

Hi,

Sometimes, if you try to change the permission via FTP is not allowed. Try this solution, go to your joomla administration, install joomlaxplorer:

http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/102/details

After you have installed joomlaxplorer, try change the permission in joomla administration, it should help coz I have experience many times already.

Another way, the slowest way is contact your hosting customer service, ask them to change for you (I don’t think you going to use this way)

Good luck!

mcdn Friend

hi there,

Try to log into ur administration. Then go to Help>System Info>Directory Permission

Check the status & chmod the folders to writable via ftp.

saintaclaws Friend

joomlaexplorer worked, thank you so much for your help 🙂

Now I just need to CHMOD all the files back to what they should be!

Thanks again 🙂 x

sfpkent Friend

Hi,

You are welcome! Each time when you have problem either FTP or Joomlaxplorer, try another way then. But Joomlaxplorer never fail me. 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  sfpkent 15 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum