Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi

My Joomla Comment component suddenly started to act up recently, and I was unable to access the comment dashboard from the Components menu in the backend. In addition to this, I was also unable to approve any comments in the front end.

To try and rectify this, I downloaded the latest JA Comment Package and installed it using the Extension Manager.

This has partly solved the problem, but I still have a couple of issues.

1. When I click on the link for JA Comment under the Components menu, all I see is an unstyled content list. If I click on Admin Dashboard, the dashboard displays fine.

2. I can navigate my way through most of the options in the dashboard, but as soon as I click on Manage Comments, the unstyled list is displayed once more. When I click on Manage Comments again, I get sent back to the Administrator dashboard.

On a positive note, I can now approve comments in the front end, but would appreciate some help reinstating the comment moderation function in the backend.

Thanks

System: Joomla 2.5.7
    JA Comment version: 2.5.3

Incidentally, although I downloaded and installed the latest package, a number of elements within the package were still being displayed as being older versions. I then downloaded and installed each of these individually to ensure all parts were the latest version.

Stork11 Friend

Hello stevegoodall,

I couldn’t access your back-end with the account you provided. Username and password do not match. Please re-check it.

Regards.

stevegoodall Friend

Thanks Storm11, I’ve sent you a PM with new login details.

Stork11 Friend

It has an error “Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 2 bytes) in /var/www/world.rbs.com/html/libraries/joomla/database/database/mysqli.php on line 498”. Please contact your hosting provider to increase memory_limit of PHP configuration.

Regards.

stevegoodall Friend

<em>@Stork11 356977 wrote:</em><blockquote>It has an error “Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 2 bytes) in /var/www/world.rbs.com/html/libraries/joomla/database/database/mysqli.php on line 498”. Please contact your hosting provider to increase memory_limit of PHP configuration.

Regards.</blockquote>

Thanks Stork. We’ve had to increase the memory setting to 96M to regain the use of the comment backend as 64 made no difference.

fidajan Friend

Hello my dear friends..

I have exactly the same problem and i want your urgent help, i don’t think i have the limited memory problem in my server.. thanks

MoonSailor Friend

Hi fidajan,

Pls send PM to me with admin login info of site you’re working on for further checking.

Regards

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  MoonSailor 10 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum