Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Hi, I created a new topic as you told me.
    I am sending you a link with the Vic Rent Car 1.11 component in the email you sent me. (I can’t sent it from here since the maximum attachment is 2MB)

Thank you in advance for your help

Saguaros Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    fidi2610 Friend

Hi, sorry for being late to reply (I got down with the flue).
    Thank you for you efforts. I will check your backup today and let you know.

Saguaros Moderator

No problem, pls let me know if you need further helps then.

fidi2610 Friend

Hi again,
    The Modules of Vic Rent Car for searching (Home page and Vehicles page at left) are not working. Especially the date field don’t show nothing (I tried with Joomla default calendar and loading or not the Jquery but I had no success).
    I noticed inside the Vic Rent Car component in "Global –> Configuration", that Rentals Enables is set to "No"… I enable it and save but somehow it stays disabled (the "No" option is always showing pressed)…

In the Chrome developer tools I see the attached error messages.

What is happening?!?! Can you fix this?!?!

1. Capture-6
    fidi2610 Friend

Another strange issue I am noticing: I am trying to install this security plugin (that I never had problems with, till now): https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/adminexile/

that redirects unauthorized access from the administrator page to the home page, but even though it says that it’s installed succesfully I cannot find it in the plug-in lists.

I don’t know if it has anything to do with the previous problems.
    I just mention it, because maybe it helps in the tracing of the problems and the solution…

fidi2610 Friend

I noticed that the Joomla update managed to see that there is an update to Admin Exile but even though it updated succesfully I still cannot see it in the plugin list…

Also in the Joomla Update I see all the JA software that needs updates but in the "JA extesnions manager" it says that all of them is updated..(should I "Force" update them from the Joomla update component too?!?!?!?!?!)

fidi2610 Friend

If it rings any bells for all the problems: I managed to SEE the plugin Admin Exile by changing the value of the "State" Column in the ##_extensions table from "-1" to "0"

Any news about why the in the component of Vic Rent Car I cannot enable the rental system?!?!?!!?

fidi2610 Friend

Goodmorning,
    Taking in consideration the urgency and the nature of the problem (latest version of advertised component not working with quickstart), I take the silence of the last 20hours as an acknowledgment of the problem (I still have the component and main search module not working).
    I totally understand and really appreciate your efforts so far (including the effort to trying to embed the latest version of Vic in a custom quickstart), but do you have a time estimate?

Also I am interested on the robustness of the solution (if I find later that more things are broken then it is of no good – remember that I choose your design because you advertised a partnership with the component maker, making me believe that I will minimize the possible problems and construction time!!!).

I kindly wait for your response…

fidi2610 Friend

UPDATE: I manages to activate the calendar selection in search modules (Home and at "Choose cars") by removing the following lines from these files:
    /templates/ja_rent/html/mod_vikrentcar_search/default.php
    /templates/ja_rent/html/mod_vikrentcar_search/home.php

Lines removed:
    jQuery(\’select\’).chosen();
    jQuery("select").trigger("liszt":"updated");

I really don’t know if these lines are important for something else, but the calendar selection now works… (kindly let me know!)

Still remains the problem with the component (I cannot activate the switch "Rentals Enabled" in VIC RENT CAR –> Global –> Configuration)… I click it and it refuses to activate….

Any updates from your side?

fidi2610 Friend

UPDATE: The previous removal of the lines is wrong… Instead I changed the lines with the code: jQuery("select").trigger("liszt":"updated"); with this –> jQuery("select").trigger("liszt:updated");

Now Chrome developer tools don’t give an error and the calendar controls work OK.. But I still see no cars (should’t I see cars to view even if I am not yet able to book!?!?!?!?!). Neither the "Rentals Enabled" in the component is ok yet.

fidi2610 Friend

For your own information: I am also trying to build something from scratch (fresh Joomla 3.6.5 –> then install Vic Rent)… everything works fine…
    then I install the template "JA Rent" and guess what: when I enable the mod_vikrentcar_cars (v1.3) on the home page, ir crashes miserably with a "HTTP ERROR 500"…

So even starting from scratch doesn’t seam to be a viable way…

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

Could you share the login info: URL, admin & FTP account so I can check the issue?

fidi2610 Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    fidi2610 Friend

Hi again, I am trying to notify you as soon as I could to spare your time:

I managed to find the solution with the help of extensionsforjoomla.com: "…The database table ‘####_vikrentcar_config’ where all the configuration settings are stored, had double records, caused by the installation of the quickstarter template…"

I still have one question though: should I install the new version of mod_vikrentcar_cars (v.1.3) or there will be things broken (CSS stylings or even something more serious)!?!??!?!?!?!?!1

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 7 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum