Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

I’m following the JA Wiki installation instructions for manual install and com_jacomment.v.1.1.0.zip won’t install. When I browse to file, and hit Upload & Install Firefox progess indicator does not move and after like 20 seconds I get white screen with the ‘http://localhost/jatc_events/administrator/index.php’ URL and that’s it. I’m going back to ‘http://localhost/jatc_events/administrator’ and trying againg with no luck. Module and plugins installed fine.

What could be wrong?

I saw a thread saying to fix some code in jacomment.php file in the plugin/content folder, but that seems unrelated to my problem.

nghiatd Friend

Hello,

I don’t see any error when download latest version of jacomment.
    This is message:
    JA Comment component version 1.1.0
    JA Comment is installed successfully!
    Install module mod_jaclatest_comments.zip: Success
    Install plugin plg_button_jacommentoff.zip: Success
    Install plugin plg_button_jacommenton.zip: Success
    Install plugin plg_jacomment.zip: Success
    Install plugin plg_search_jacomment.zip: Success
    Install plugin plg_system_jacomment.zip: Success
    Install plugin plg_system_jarpxnow.zip: Success

Please download the latest version of jacomment and install again.

obliat Friend

That is what I did – downloaded it right before I posted this message. Never experienced such a problem in Joomla. I also downloaded Quickstart, installed and it works but is part of different Joomla installation so now wonder why my manual installation produces nothing.

nghiatd Friend

Hello,

Please remove jacomment in your site and delete all table of jacomment.
    Then kindly reinstall. If you have got any live site which you want to use with jacoment please send me.

Best Regards.

obliat Friend

The problem actually is that it does not install and there is no jacomment tables. So I’m stuck!

Like I said – nothing happens when hit Upload File & install other than Firefox shows a blank page after like 20 secs – there is nothing in the admin related to JA Comments – it’s not like interrupted installation or so – there is nothing – it does not show error messages or anuything – just blank screen. It’s a Wamp server localhost installation ot JA Events and standalone JA Comments Quickstart installation, inlcuding Joomla copy completes very well and works, but under JA Events it’s not working – I am going to try and istall it manually in my Teline IV project and see if it makes it there…

obliat Friend

Same problem when I tried with Teline IV – definitely a problem in my system, but this is the first time I am having a problem installing a joomla component. Could it be PHP or Apache version related or so. I definitely want to be able to us JA Comments and have to find the issue. Is there a place I can look for error or so (though no actual error happens).

nghiatd Friend

Hello,
    <blockquote>Could it be PHP or Apache version related or so</blockquote>
    – Please tell me your php version
    – Please try to download other component such as: javoice then reinstall, let me know the result.

obliat Friend

I’m using PHP 5.2.11 (had to rollback from 5.3.o before, but can’t remember why now).

Decided to switch to 5.3 and voilla – it installed 🙂

obliat Friend

PHP 5.3 caused some issues to the template so I rolled back to 5.2.11, but had issues with JA Comments.
    All over again. Trying to find the reason for the errors.

thuanlq Friend

Hi,

Please provide me the bug screen shots when you install jacomment plugin, i will check and give you solutions.

Thanks,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  thuanlq 13 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum