Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I’ve built an inframe form in JA Builder using Spotlight 6-6 to display custom content. It displays the form correctly (Mostly, there is an issue, but that’s a different topic). The problem is that once I have placed the code in the widget, it disappears from the editor. I can no longer edit the code. So I have to recreate the entire container. What is the proper way to build an iframe in JA Builder?

FYI, this script is for a sharpspring form (www.sharpspring.com).

Screenshot of Page w/Inspect Element showing code

Here’s the script required to load the form. (Interesting, your editor is converting < to <… You can see the code in the screenshot above as it is actually in the page…

<!-- SharpSpring Form for Herman Cain Event  -->
    <script type="text/javascript">
        var ss_form = {'account': 'MzawMDEzMjG1BAA', 'formID': 'MzQySE42NzbRtTSzMNA1SbI0102ySDXSNTRISjIzMk5JM08xBgA'};
        ss_form.width = '100%';
        ss_form.height = '1000';
        ss_form.domain = 'app-3QNBHGB55E.marketingautomation.services';
        // ss_form.hidden = {'Company': 'Anon'}; // Modify this for sending hidden variables, or overriding values
    &lt;/script&gt;
    <script type="text/javascript" src="https://koi-3QNBHGB55E.marketingautomation.services/client/form.js?ver=1.1.1">&lt;/script&gt;

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

Did you try to put this script into a custom module? then choose to load this module in that position.

support@aa Friend

That is exactly what I did. The code is in in a module with a custom position "Herman".

Screenshot of Module

As you can see, we turned off the editor so that the code does not get processed

Screenshot of Module Contents

Then I inserted a custom module. In one site, I create a widget and load the "herman" module. In the other side I insert some text blocks.

Once I click out of the custom module. I can no longer access the contents of the customer module. It just disappears (see screenshots above).

How can I edit the custom module once I click focus away from the custom module?

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

If I understand correctly, you want to be able to edit the form in editor mode, right? This kind of form loaded from an external source so I’m afraid you can’t edit it via JA Builder editor.

support@aa Friend

Thanks for the reply.

No, I wouldn’t expect to edit the form in JA Builder. I guess the only way to modify it would be in the Joomla module. I found a way to make the module visible in JA Builder, I put an HR tag at the top of the form, that way at least that displays in the module. Thus i can click on that and edit the module. If ONLY script is in the module, then the module disappears from JA builder once edited and you can never change it. That’s the lesson. If ONLY script is in the widget position you are displaying, then JA builder will no longer display the widget. Just displays a blank area.

Saguaros Moderator

Let me know if you need further help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 6 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum