Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Hello, I’ve looked through the forums and read the userguide but am still stuck. Perhaps I’m missing something obvious…. but I’m having trouble getting an article to display in onepage. The site is http://www.lyrebirdtrio.com. The homepage works as desired; when clicking on “performances” it then displays a listing of the category’s articles, as expected.

Currently there are two temporary test links to articles. When clicking on those links, the address bar indicates the change of link, however the article does not display; the page displays all the content of all modules.

Can any one point me in the right direction please? Thank you.

phong nam Friend

Hi amturner,

In order to make the tested articles of Performances section display the content, you just need to do 2 steps below:

– Assign that articles to a menu item (i.e Category Blog).
    – Go to Template Manager >> JA_Onepage_Default and assign this template style to this menu item in Assignment tab.

amturner Friend

Thank you very much Leo – assigning to a menu item was the step I was missing! I’ve now assigned the link to a hidden non-main menu item, which makes it all work just as expected. Thanks again.

dionf Friend

It doesn’t show the blog section after assigning this in the template manager. See: http://www.brandley.nl/index.php/blog

Also I’ve tried to assign the template to all the menu items, and now my complete site is messed up. Please don’t tell me that all my custom changes like colors and css changes are gone now! I haven’t used compile css etc..

phong nam Friend

@dionf:

It seems that the template style you tried to assign to menu items containing the Onepage layout. That is why the content does not display. It should be the Default layout which contains the component position so the content area can display fine.

<blockquote>Also I’ve tried to assign the template to all the menu items, and now my complete site is messed up.</blockquote>

Do not worry. Switching or assigning the template styles will NOT harm your template modifications. However, we still suggest you to backup the site and send me PM with the site’s admin login. We will take a look and help you to correct the template layouts assignments.

dionf Friend

Hi Leo,

I don’t understand how to assign the default template to the blog section.
    I will PM you my account details.

Regards,

Dion

phong nam Friend

Hi Dion,

Thank you for sending me PM. Unfortunately, the website’s url is invalid or our IPs address is blocked to access to your server. Please help to unblock our IPs address below:

Our ip: 115.78.133.200

dionf Friend

That is strange, we don’t have any IP blocker.
    Did you follow the admin url I sent, it is not /administrator, but a customized url for secure reasons.
    Is www,brandley.nl as front-end also not accessible?

phong nam Friend

@dion: I tried but could not access both front-end and backend url you provided. Anyways, steps below should help to assign a template style:

– Assign the articles of Blog page to a menu item (i.e Category Blog). It is a basic knowledge of Joomla so I think you can finish it easily.

– Go to Template Manager >> ja_onepage – Default >> Layout tab >> select Default layout. Then click the Assignments tab too, and check the menu item you have created above. Save.

The blog article should be shown on new page then.

1. connection
    2. default_layout
    dionf Friend

Hi Leo,

Strange that you can’t visit the site. What can I do about that?
    I did what you wrote, but it doesn’t help. The layout won’t return to the old style in black. Site is still white now and logo isn’t visible.

If I change the layout to ‘default’ then only the blog page in the menu is working, but the rest from the pages don’t show anything. I changed the template style for the menu-blog, to onepage-default. Then the blog is visible, but it shows a different template (with other logo etc). See images.

My greatest concern is now how to turn the site to the old design. Because all our other design like business cards are like the old design. This isn’t good.

1. brandley-front-1
    2. brandley-front-blog
    3. brandley-admin-home
    4. brandley-admin-blog
    phong nam Friend

@dionf: Do not worry. You nearly reach your perfect. You just need to go to JA_Onepage_Default >> Theme >> select – Use Default – in Theme option.

The logo and template color will back to the default styles.

1. default_theme
    andrescala Friend

Hi, I’m having the same problem, more or less, and I’m not get there !

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/payplans-with-onepage/

This is the topic.
    Thank you

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  andrescala 10 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum