Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

“Unable to connect

Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at localhost.”

I get this every time I try to update the index.php file. I changed permissions, didn’t make a difference. I don’t know why this particular template is giving me this trouble. Anyone else have this problem? I downloaded the template today, installed fine, but can’t configure the template settings. Help?

Hung Dinh Friend

I think that your server have a problem. Have you tried to installed other templates?

leslieriggs Friend

<em>@Hung Dinh 10393 wrote:</em><blockquote>I think that your server have a problem. Have you tried to installed other templates?</blockquote>
    yes, I’ve installed other Joomlart templates without any problem at all. I can update them, I can do whatever I want, but with this Utahia template, I can’t update the index.php page. Anytime I try I get that “unable to connect” message.

Hung Dinh Friend

Do you have a live URL? You can PM me the admin info so that I can check it out for you

leslieriggs Friend

I got around it by downloading the index.php file, editing it, then uploading it again. I don’t know if this has any bearing on the problem but I used JoomlaXplorer to navigate to the file and edit it through that – permissions were set, so I SHOULD have been able to edit it, I’ve done it this way with other Joomlart templates.

Ah, well. I got around the problem and now the site is configured the way I want it. Thanks, though!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  leslieriggs 17 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum