Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

First off, I must say I have experience with Joomla and the Purity III template, not much with quickstart though, and still cannot seem to figure this out.

I have installed the Purity III Quickstart package and I am unable to change the default home page.

I am also having trouble getting rid of the "Home" text on the page, but I figure once I find out how to change the default home page successfully, it will become apparent.

To change the default page, I have created a new article, assigned it to the Main Menu and set it as the default page, but all I see on my homepage content area is the title or heading "Home" and a list of featured articles. This is the same way it appeared before I attempted to change the default home page. So it appears the default home page has not changed on the frontend even though it has changed on the backend.

I have looked through the modules but I have not found anything that looks related to my problem. But modules were mentioned in the following post, non-specifically, so that could still be the issue:

Purity III – Where to Edit Home Page Title and Content

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

PS – The Purity III template documentation page does not load correctly on my mobile device to be able to view its content. I see topics but no clickable links. At the moment that is the only device I can access.

screenshot of doc page from mobile

Sorry

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    open Hi Open Menu > main Menu > Feature Intro 2 > Options > Page display to change the titles.
    I am not sure which menu item you set as default.
    You can open that menu item and change the page display title from menu options.

Regards

Eddy Tippet Friend

Thank you for the quick reply Pancake!

I am aware that Features Intro 2 is set as the default page when first installing the Purity III Quickstart package and how to change the title.

I apologize if my questions were unclear. My concern was the fact that changing the default page had no effect whatsoever on how it appears.

The content of the Features Intro 2 article is some Lorem Ipsum text that does not show on the default page to begin with.

What does shows in the content area of the default page is the word "Home" followed by a list of featured articles.

What do I need to do to change what shows in the content area of the default page?

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Kindly follow this documentation to know how to create and edit the demo site data for different pages.

Regards

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 6 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum