Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Although I CAN get the JA Newsflash to display on the home page (in the page & position desired) and function correctly, I CANNOT get the newsflash *module position* to disappear (collapse/not display) on all other pages, leaving me with an unused and empty area! >:(

I verified that no other modules are in that position and that this is the ONLY module, with setttings to ONLY display on the Home page. In fact, when Menu Assignment is set to NONE, the area still displays a full-but-empty module position. This J1.5 template has no other configurable options that I see …am I missing something? what?

See: http://www.guidorosas.com Joomla 1.5.12

Thanks in advance for your help!
    John

wiery Friend

I don’t think there is a newsflash module position in JA Fagus.

scotty Friend

mangoman;137510 See: http://www.guidorosas.com Joomla 1.5.12

That site is not Joomla 1.5.

To get a position to collapse you would use the following in your index.php file….
    [PHP]
    <?php if($this->countModules(‘position_name_here’)) : ?>
    <jdoc:include type=”modules” name=”position_name_here” style=”rounded” />
    <?php endif; ?>[/PHP]

In your case you would want to wrap everything that is included in the #ja-topslwrap div so it would be something like…
    [PHP]<?php if($this->countModules(‘top’)) : ?>
    <div id=”ja-topslwrap”>
    <div id=”ja-topsl”>
    <jdoc:include type=”modules” name=”top” style=”rounded” />
    </div></div>
    <?php endif; ?> [/PHP]

I’m not sure the code above will work with Joomla 1.0 which is what you have at that link you gave. Infact I’m sure it won’t.

mangoman Friend

wiery: I phrased my sentence poorly and meant to state the newsflash module in the module position, specifically the TOP position as shown here: http://template15.joomlart.com/ja_fagus/?tp=1

scott: Sorry, the site is guidorosas.com/g2/ …I forget to provide the correct NEW J1.5 URI. 😮 I edited the code a bit from what you gave (see below) and tested it – and voila! – it works! Thanks very much!

OLD

<div id="ja-topslwrap">
    <div id="ja-topsl" <?php $tmpTools->noBG4IE6();?>>
    <div class="ja-newflash" <?php $tmpTools->noBG4IE6();?>>
    <jdoc:include type="modules" name="top" style="xhtml" />
    </div>
    </div>
    </div>

NEW

<?php if($this->countModules('top')) : ?>
    <div id="ja-topslwrap">
    <div id="ja-topsl" <?php $tmpTools->noBG4IE6();?>>
    <div class="ja-newflash" <?php $tmpTools->noBG4IE6();?>>
    </div>
    </div>
    </div>
    <?php endif; ?>

Thanks again for your help!
    John

erkorb Friend

After I disabled the JA NewsFlash module, I still have a dark band running through my header. The only way I found to remove it was to comment out the following lines in my index.php file.

<div class=”innerpad”>
    <jdoc:include type=”modules” name=”top” style=”xhtml” />
    </div>

I’d rather do it through programming. Can you help?

scotty Friend

Which template are you using?

erkorb Friend

Forgot to mention I’m using JA Rochea Template.

mangoman Friend

Hi, Scotty.

Although erkorb is in the wrong forum (and I think, using Joomla 1.0.x), I’m using JA Fagus on Joomla 1.5.14 – and still have this problem. 🙁

I not only want to remove the opaque shadow, but also replace the image with an embedded video, so I’d really appreciate it if you could guide me toward a solution. 😎

Site: http://www.guidorosas.com/g2/

Thanks!
    John

scotty Friend

erkorb;141348After I disabled the JA NewsFlash module, I still have a dark band running through my header. The only way I found to remove it was to comment out the following lines in my index.php file.

<div class=”innerpad”>
    <jdoc:include type=”modules” name=”top” style=”xhtml” />
    </div>

I’d rather do it through programming. Can you help?

Try this. Replace all your code above with this….

<?php if($this->countModules('top')) : ?>
    <div class="innerpad">
    </div>
    <?php endif; ?>

scotty Friend

mangoman;141365Hi, Scotty.

Although erkorb is in the wrong forum (and I think, using Joomla 1.0.x), I’m using JA Fagus on Joomla 1.5.14 – and still have this problem. 🙁

I not only want to remove the opaque shadow, but also replace the image with an embedded video, so I’d really appreciate it if you could guide me toward a solution. 😎

Site: http://www.guidorosas.com/g2/

Thanks!
    John

Hi Mango. The transparant image is your topsl called in line 1454 of your template.css (
    background:transparent url(../images/topsl-bg.png) repeat scroll 0 0;). You can edit this out if you want to remove it. To embed a video in that position you could make a ‘custom_HTML’ module and publish it there. Embedding can be a pain if you are using the default Joomla editor. Either install JCE editor or open the editor plugin in Joomla and tell it not to strip code.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  scotty 14 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum