Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Some Swedish characters, å, ä, ö etc. doesn’t show in the JA Newsflash – if they are in the headline. They show when the site is just loaded, but now when the module is starting to rotate the news… Can this be fixed?

eiturrate Friend

I am experiencing the same problem… any fixes for this?

jkab Friend

Can we get some help with this? The module is useless if it can’t show all the characrets in the alphabet… And the JA Newsflash in Iris doesn’t work at all, so then people advised to download this one instead. But if it doesn’t work, then there are even more templates that can’t be used as intended. I’ve tried to look at the files, but haven’t found a solution.

biskop Friend

I’m having exactly the same problems as described by jkab. This time it’s the Danish characters. Has anyone figured out how to solve it? Otherwise the newsflash function is useless…

larskr Friend

…I have the same problem in German, e.g. with the german charset.

Is there any solution near?????

Khanh Le Moderator

Ajax use UTF-8 for send/receive data, therefore it get problem with some charset. JA Newsflash support multilanguage by using iconv extension for php. If you enable iconv, the problem will be fixed.

larskr Friend

…I have enabled the iconv extension but the problem is still there…????

Khanh Le Moderator

Can you PM me an fpt account of your host which could access and modify the module, I will solve it out.

bjornhansen Friend

<em>@Khanh Le 32992 wrote:</em><blockquote>Can you PM me an fpt account of your host which could access and modify the module, I will solve it out.</blockquote>

Can you have a look in mine as well ???

It’s working fine one first load, when it flips over the second time the the characters is wrong ??

Bjorn

comclan Friend

I have the same problem with Danish characters.

iconv is enabled in PHP, but the news flash module shows squares in the title for æ,ø and å.
    No problems in the content.

Could you write what you changed in the module, I don’t mind sort it myself….

mfcphil Friend

You may find the following post helpful…it was all about strange character behaviour

READ THIS POST

It had something to do with placing code in the head of the template

<meta http-equiv=”Content-Type” content=”text/html; <?php echo _ISO; ?>” />

comclan Friend

This line is already in the magia template…

The problem is only in the title of ja news flash, in the content of news flash and in the rest of the site there are no character problems.

Only in nf title…

Anyone???

ilansch Friend

Yes the problem is only with the title and not with the body.

Ilan

comclan Friend

I got this one sorted….

Find the following file:

/modules/ja_newsflash/ja-newsflashloader.php

In the top of the file find the following:

// Set flag that this is a parent file
    header( "Expires: Mon, 26 Jul 1997 05:00:00 GMT" ); // disable IE caching
    header( "Last-Modified: " . gmdate( "D, d M Y H:i:s" ) . " GMT" );
    header( "Cache-Control: no-cache, must-revalidate" );
    header( "Pragma: no-cache" );

Add another line with the charset that match your language so it looks like this:

// Set flag that this is a parent file
    header('Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1');
    header( "Expires: Mon, 26 Jul 1997 05:00:00 GMT" ); // disable IE caching
    header( "Last-Modified: " . gmdate( "D, d M Y H:i:s" ) . " GMT" );
    header( "Cache-Control: no-cache, must-revalidate" );
    header( "Pragma: no-cache" );

This made it work on my Danish site.

1. news-flash
    rfoerster Friend

Hello

i’ve just installed JA Mageia in a local website. the ja newsflash module does not show umlaute (german language) right. What can i do?
    I’ve checked iconv setting and tried to apply the solution above, but in the 1.5 version i could not find the mentioned lines of code.

Greetings, roland :confused:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  rfoerster 16 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum