Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I have a headline with a German umlaut "ö" – "Der Törn". The subtitle override should be TPL_SUBTITLE_DER_TÖRN but the system eats the "ö", so finally it is TPL_SUBTITLE_DER_TRN in the Override section. Can you help, please?

Regards.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi

Kindly apply the suggestion given Here to change the Subtitle on site.
    Hope it helps.

Regards

gizycki Friend

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your hint but I don’t think that it will solve my problem.

Is there any possibility to override the function modChrome_onepage() in the modules.php? I don’t want to change the original file because of the template updates, but would like to override it – maybe somewhere in the local/html or so?

Regards.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Language files are always in the /language folder not from the module.php
    You can create an override for it from Joomla admin panel > Extension > Language overrides.
    And create an override for it.

gizycki Friend

Hi,

I’ve tried to override the language file but it is not possible! Because the generated string is TPL_SUBTITLE_DER_TÖRN, but the system changes it to TPL_SUBTITLE_DER_TRN so the "Ö" was removed – because it is an umlaut. Plz see my screenshots.

I found the function modChrome_onepage() in the modules.php where the TPL string is put together. There the "ö" should be replaced by "oe" so the string will be TPL_SUBTITLE_DER_TOERN. How can I do that? I’ve tried /local/html/modules.php but that doesn’t work because of the redeclaration of the function.

Regards.

1. screen-capture-toern
    2. screen-capture-tpl-subtitle
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Sorry, but it’s from the Language files, Creating override does not effect on the updates also.
    Kindly Open /language/en-GB/en-GB.tpl_ja_onepage.ini
    Change the value and if you will face issue kindly share site super user details and FTP details.
    I will check the change or the word issue on your site.

Regards

gizycki Friend

Hi,

I’m sorry to insist but I don’t think that’s a problem with the language file. The TPL_SUBTITLE_DER_TÖRN is automatically generated by the system when I renamed the corresponding content section to "Der Törn" (see screenshot No 1). And after overriding the subtitle in the backend (Extensions => Languages => Overrides), the "ö" is missing (see screenshot No 2). Isn’t it possible to override the modules.php somewhere in the /local/html/?

Anyway, thank you for your support!

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi

Sorry as i said above the code is used to pick the subtitle from the module and it’s from the Language files, Creating override does not effect on the updates also.
    Kindly Open /language/en-GB/en-GB.tpl_ja_onepage.ini
    Change the value and if you will face issue kindly share site super user details and FTP details.
    I will check the change or the word issue on your site.

Besides if you want to customise the structure you may need to do custom work in the PHP to define new code again, that is out of support scope.

Regards

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 6 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum