Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Uber works for me on my own computer using XAMPP.
    Now I am trying to get it to work on our server (Win Server 2008 R2) with IIS7

When I go to ThemeMagic, I get these errors — see Screenshot.
    I also have Bookshop installed on this server with no ThemeMagic errors.

When I log into the server from my computer — the errors are skipped. The errors only show when I am directly on the server. That is why I have included the screenshot.

Thank you,
    Nancy

1. ThemeMagic
    Nancy Kimball Friend

Let’s say that no one can help me with these errors, and that I cannot use ThemeMagic.

What is the workaround? Do I just edit the /uber/less/variables.less file?
    Will this stay put after an update, or do I also have to change it elsewhere?

Thanks,
    Nancy

Adam M Moderator

Hi @nzkimball,

Please download latest package from here (installation package only), extract it and copy missing files to your server. For example copy file uber/acm/header/less/style-2.less and upload to root_folder/templates/uber/acm/header/less/.

Nancy Kimball Friend

Thank you Adam –

The files were all there, but I copied the ones from your link and replaced what I had.
    Still no luck getting ThemeMagic to work.

IIS 7 default settings do not recognize .less files

Add a MIME Type (IIS 7)
    Applies To: Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2
    You should create MIME types to help clients handle new file name extensions appropriately. If IIS 7 does not recognize the file name extension requested by the client, IIS 7 sends the content as the default MIME type, which is Application. This MIME type signifies that the file contains application data, and usually means that clients cannot process the file.

It seems the answer should be to add the MIME type less text/css, but this was still creating an error and not letting ThemeMagic work.

After a lot of hair pulling, I found this:

I found the solution by changing the MIME type to less text/less
    This seems to be working now

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Nancy Kimball 9 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum