Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Hello, im scratching my head bleeding try to figure out howto make the typography thingy to work on my site. Iยดv search the forum and followed some of the solution mentioned without success. My setup is;

– J1.5.9
    – JoomlaFCK Editor (Chonga)
    – JA Helio

Anyone kindly give me a guide howto setup a proper and a working Typography -“addon” ?. Thanks

David Steadson Friend

I’m having the same issue with JA Sanidine II – I put the exact code from the typography examples in to articles and nothing happens. What are we missing?

jwellman Friend

In your editor you have a button that says “Source” or “HTML” And you are putting the code inside that area correct?

tompa69 Friend

I dont think editing html code is the right solution for using the template. I was looking for the right way configure the template so everything works, especially the typography part which looks very cool for using.

Anyone else have any solution?

pixelated Friend

I think you have misunderstood jwellman, when he says source or html he is saying if you use the normal wysiwyg editor the code is stripped and won’t show the typography you want.

If you click html then add the correct code and click update it will add the typography you want. Try it. Thats how it works.

Hope this helps…

hanifahmed Friend

Hi

For example the code for to insert a tip is as following:

<p class="tips">Your tips goes here!</p>.

This needs to be added as HTML, not typed directly into the WYSIWYG editor – whichever you may be using.

There should be a button to switch between the two modes, or a HTML button (often looking as as simply as: “<>” ) you can use to insert the text with.

jwellman Friend

That’s what I was referring to. The typography is written into the HTML of the template and does not automatically appear in the editors of your articles, therefore you must edit the HTML of each individual article by clicking on the “Source” or “HTML” button of your article editor.

Perhaps one day Joomlart will add this feature to the editor but for now you have to do it manually.
    (Someone please correct me if I’m wrong)! ๐Ÿ™‚

And by the way… I’m a she, not a he. ๐Ÿ™‚

scotty Friend

jwellman;116278Perhaps one day Joomlart will add this feature to the editor but for now you have to do it manually.
    (Someone please correct me if I’m wrong)! ๐Ÿ™‚

If you set the editor to use the correct css file (template.css) in the plugin manager then the styles from that file will appear in the Styles dropdown box. This means you can highlight the text and apply the style without going into HTML mode. Instructions… http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/solution-loading-the-styles-of-the-typology-in-the-editor-joomla-1-5/

Or you could just install JCE editor.

jwellman Friend

Scotty… Have I told you today how much YOU ROCK!!! :-*

I did it and it worked!!!!! *Jess is doing the happy dance* ๐Ÿ˜€

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

jwellman Friend

P.S. I had to switch over to Tiny MCE to get this to work. There didn’t seem to be an area in WYSIWYG editor… unless I’m missing something. :confused:

scotty Friend

jwellman;116295Thank you, thank you, thank you![/quote]

lol! You’re welcome.

P.S. I had to switch over to Tiny MCE to get this to work. There didn’t seem to be an area in WYSIWYG editor… unless I’m missing something. :confused:

Both Tiny and Xstandard are WYSIWYG editors but Xstandard is not as configurable..

jwellman Friend

Sorry Scotty… this is the one we have loaded on all our sites. I’m not sure if it is the same Editor as the one you are talking about. Either way, it doesn’t have anything in the Parameter area to tweek.

scotty Friend

Ahh I see. Hmm I’m surprised it doesn’t have to option to load a style sheet. Although on their website it does say it’s two ‘features’ are that it runs without legacy turned on and it’s open source. Not really features are they?

You should give JCE editor a shot. It has some really good features like advanced images and links managers.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  scotty 15 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum