Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hello to All!!

After I upgraded to the latest TelineV version (1.0.7 from 1.0.3) in the magazine home (the first page) appeared a list of featured items (the ones that show up in the main menu) along with the rest of the menu content (!!!) that is the RSS feed links!!

Also, in the single article view the main image of the article does not appear wherever it is used!! This is due to that the Full article image so far (when left empty) defaulted to the Intro image of the article, but now this seems not to be true anymore for this layout only. i.e. the main menu shows no images in this layout, but appears normally in the other layouts!!

IMPORTANT EDIT: This seems to be related to http://pm.joomlart.com/browse/JATELINEV-322 BUT it could still be that the intro image is used when there is no full image so that the existing installations wont brake after the update!! Furthermore this does not explain why the thumbs in the main menu disappear, perhaps it’s the full image that is used to render the menu for that page too? Is that possible?

I hope that you can guide me to solve these problems. I would be very happy to share all information necessary but that would be lot of information, so just let me known which part of it you need!

Thank you in advance!!

Panagiotis

Adam M Moderator

Hi @xallos,

Please edit the thread (first post), choose Require Help From Staff + Mod/Admin? then provide your site url with temporary admin account first.

You might want to provide a mockup screenshot about the desire result or clarify a little bit so I can check this matter for you.

hcardenas Friend

Hi. I am also interested in this topic. I have not been able to update my template version (from 1.0.6 to 1.0.7) because since the begining of Teline V, it used the Intro image as default Image for the single view article.

it’s true that the default behavior should have been using Full Image as the default image for the single view article form the beggining, but we were forced to upload images and select them as "Intro Images" in order to get any image displayed in the single view article, so now you fixed the behavior, but are breaking all the web pages in production using Teline V, since upgrading to template 1.0.7 would make no previous articles will show any Image in Single view article (since we were using the Intro Image option).

Would it be possible to help us by making Intro Image as default when no Full Image is present?, that way we would be able to iupgrade without breaking our current live pages.

Thanks.

Ninja Lead Moderator

@xallos and @hcardenas: You can apply my way below and it will help you to show the full image to the detail of article page on your site.

Open templates/ja_teline_v/html/layouts/joomla/content/image/intro.php file

find and change

if (isset($images->image_intro) && !empty($images->image_intro)) {
        $data['image'] = $images->image_intro;
        $data['alt'] = $images->image_intro_alt;
        $data['caption'] = $images->image_intro_caption;  
    }

to

$view = JFactory::getApplication()->input->get('view');
    if($view === 'article'){
        if(isset($images->image_fulltext) && !empty($images->image_fulltext)){
            $data['image'] = $images->image_fulltext;
            $data['alt'] = $images->image_fulltext_alt;
            $data['caption'] = $images->image_fulltext_caption;    
        }
        else if (isset($images->image_intro) && !empty($images->image_intro)) {
        }
    }else if (isset($images->image_intro) && !empty($images->image_intro)) {
    }

Hope it helps

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 8 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum