Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

This should be an easy question, I hope…
    – How to center an image vertically with CSS (within the user8 module).
    – How to make the text not wrap around the image, and instead continue straight down?

I have attached an image if it helps to explain.
    Thank you!

1. 2006-12-22_032917
    Hieu Nguyen Admin

Can anyone answer this (consider it a Christmas present?) 🙂

Hieu Nguyen Admin

Argggh, please??

Hieu Nguyen Admin

Happy New Year!!!
    Thank you for answering please.

bernhar Friend

Hi offtheguide,

might be an easy question but there is no easy answer. Centering something vertically with pure CSS is not possible as far as I know. Of course there are workarounds that you could find using google (using a table is one of them because there centering vertically is easy).
    Anyway, this is not a problem specific to Antares, Joomla or CMS in general and this might be the reason for not getting an answer here. Maybe you could tell us more about what you tried already.

Regards,

Bernhard

itguy Friend

To my knowledge vertical centering is not supported with css. But I just did a quick Google and found this site with some suggested workarounds:

http://www.student.oulu.fi/~laurirai/www/css/middle/

Trouble is the browser support for the workarounds is not that great. IE seems to have the biggest lack of support for them.

Hieu Nguyen Admin

Thanks for that link. I’m having some difficulty here but I think it will be fine in the end, even if I can’t figure it out. Cheers!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Hieu Nguyen 17 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum