Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Hi all !

Please view : http://docs.joomla.org/Tutorial:Customising_the_JA_Purity_template

This is Tutorial of joomla docs for customising the JA Purity template with the most popular customise tasks in purity :

– Replace the JA Purity Joomla! Logo
    – Change postion of your logo
    – Resize the header
    – Replace the header pictures in JA Purity
    – How to enable hornav submenus
    – Favicon

I think it will be helpful for more people. 🙂

mfaiz89 Friend

Thank you…

albertomarlboro Friend

thanks 4 share

surfera Friend

Can you please direct me where I can change the ‘read more’ font color in the CSS.
    Thank You
    and also can you tell me how to fix the bullets – they display directly beside the first letter of the word instead of a distance before. I have read many forum, but I need a little more basic talk as I am savy but not really back end savy.
    Thank You.

danmore Friend

I have actually gone to the link above and it appears to be down and hasn’t been modified since a few days back. I am totally new to Joomla and web design altogether. I have read much of the complete beginners guide, but most of it revolves around intalling joomla. My buddy did this part for me and I am hosting with Lunarpages and now I just need to focus on modifying the JA_purity template. I want to replace the logo with my own and change the background picture to the header and maybe increase the width of the header. I really am just a beginner and only vaguely understand html/xhtml coding and know nothing about css or php. Any guidance is much appreciated!

trespies Friend

Hello.

Recently, I were looking for how customize submenu item of the active page (inside menu item of main menu on left column), so this submenu item be standed out, its to say, it appears prominently (like it happens with the menu items of active pages, with font-weidth bold, different background color, etc.

But I didn’t find info about the question.

Because I’m shy people, and a newcomer in Joomla, and my English very bad, I don’t dared to place a post…

Finally, I’ve obtained a satisfactory solution.

Because I didn’t find info relative to this question, I’ve thought to place it here, for what it’s worth…

In directory templates/ja_purity/styles/elements/black/ [or color that you use] > file style.css, to insert the following code lines:

#ja-container2 ul.menu li li.active a {
    /* HERE, SETTING ACTIVE SUBMENU ITEM COLOR TEXT (I don’t change it, because my theme color is Black, and I don’t want to break the color range) */
    }

#ja-container2 ul.menu li li.active a span {
    /* HERE, SETTING THE OTHER ACTIVE SUBMENU ITEM PARAMETERS: FONT-WEIGHT, BACKGROUND, ETC. In my case: */
    font-weight: bold;
    background: #FFFFFF url(../../../images/bullet.gif) no-repeat 5px;
    display:block;
    outline: #999999 dotted 1px;
    }

So, I’m happy, because now, when the User is on a subsection, he can see where is, not only with the article title and/or breadcrumbs, also with the highlighted submenu item…

There are many possibilities, but, if someone wants to see my result, it’s on http://mundojoomla.org/ (but, I’m sorry, the site is on development, and only in Spanish… When I finish the Spanish, I promise as soon as possible English version).

Thank you, regards.
    Nacho

trespies Friend

Hi, Danmore.

Probably, you’ll ressolve your questions, but, for what it’s worth:

The most easy way to change the logo and the image header is to replace them in directory templates/ja_purity/images (you don’t need change the code for it). In that direcory, you have an image called logo.gif, and another inside directory what’s called “header”… Inside, you have the header images. If you respect their sizes, you only have to replace the originals by the yours.

trespies Friend

Excuse me, Surfera, I suppose that you will have already your question… but, for what it’s worth:

In file templates/ja_purity/styles/elements/black/ [or color that you use] > style.css, look for (line 6):

a.readon {
    color: #XXXXXX;
    }

Where “XXXXXX”, place the hexagesimal valors of the colour that you want.

trespies Friend

I’ve spoken too quickly…

I hadn’t taken into account that my left column main menu have sub-submenu items…

The error can be seen in in http://mundojoomla.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=67&Itemid=83

I think the problem is that, with the code of my previous post, it includes inside tag <span> of #ja-container2 ul.menu li li.active a span all the possibles sub-submenu items of the corresponding submenu item… So, they appear also highlighted, since they inherit the attributtes of the superior submenu.

I’ve tried to repaired it, but I don’t achieve it…

I’ve tried inserting specific “li li li” codes for sub-submenus, with the idea of desactivate highlighting propertys derived from css submenu “li li.active” propertys, in next way, but it doesn’t work (I’ve made it in botched plan, if it woulds work, then I could debug it):

#ja-container2 ul.menu li li.active a {
    /* HERE, SETTING ACTIVE SUBMENU ITEM COLOUR TEXT [I PLACE NOTHING, BECAUSE MY THEME IS BLACK, AND I DON’T WANT TO CHANGE THIS COLOUR */
    }

#ja-container2 ul.menu li li.active a span {
    /* HERE, SETTING THE OTHERS ACTIVE SUBMENU ITEM PROPERTIES: FONT-WEIGHT, BACKGROUND, ETC. IN MY CASE: */
    }

#ja-container2 ul.menu li ul li ul li a {
    /* HERE, I TRY TO DESACTIVATE PROPERTIES INHERIT FROM #ja-container2 ul.menu li li.active a span, BUT IT DOESN’T WORK */
    font-weight: normal;
    background: #f6f6f6 url(../../../images/bullet.gif) no-repeat 5px;
    }

#ja-container2 ul.menu li ul li ul li a span {
    /* HERE, I TRY TO DESACTIVATE PROPERTIES INHERIT FROM #ja-container2 ul.menu li li.active a span, BUT IT DOESN’T WORK */
    outline:none;
    }

#ja-container2 ul.menu li ul li ul li a:hover span,
    #ja-container2 ul.menu li ul li ul li a:active span,
    #ja-container2 ul.menu li ul li ul li a:focus span {
    /* HERE, I TRY TO DESACTIVATE PROPERTIES INHERIT FROM #ja-container2 ul.menu li li.active a span, IT WORKS PROPERLY */
    outline:none;
    }

#ja-container2 ul.menu li ul li ul li.active a {
    /* HERE, SETTING ACTIVE SUBMENU ITEM COLOUR TEXT [I PLACE NOTHING, BECAUSE MY THEME IS BLACK, AND I DON’T WANT TO CHANGE THIS COLOUR */
    }

#ja-container2 ul.menu li ul li ul li.active a span {
    /* HERE, SETTING THE OTHERS ACTIVE PAGE SUB-SUBMENU ITEM PROPERTIES: FONT-WEIGHT, BACKGROUND, ETC. IT WORKS PROPERLY. IN MY CASE: */
    }

What is in RED is what doesn’t work: the a:hover, a:active, a:focus and .active a work properly. The a and a span don’t work, and I don’t know why (I believed that properties of more local atributtes had priority on superiors continent atributtes, but Firebug from FireFox informs me it isn’t so: for a and a span, the properties of #ja-container2 ul.menu li li.active a span prevail on the properties of #ja-container2 ul.menu li ul li ul li a span

In any case, I’m going to leave my building site temporally on this way, just in case SOME BENEVOLENT SOUL helps me… Please…

The bug can be seen (I remember you) in http://mundojoomla.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=67&Itemid=83

P.S.: Another minor problem is that, since I setting the submenu items to display:block (for aesthetic coherence with menu items), their links take up all the width of the left column… but it’s a minor question, in the worst case I can setting them only with font-weight bold… (I don’t like put them with white background box, that’s other option).

Thank you very much, regards.
    Nacho

phoenter Friend

Hi,

I have been trying to set a background image in the JA Purity default template (Joomla 1.5.14) for all articles displayed. I have tried to put in the reference to the background image in the following extracted CSS code from template.css

body {
    color: #000000;
    background: url(../images/watermark.gif) repeat-x top #FFFFFF;
    font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
    line-height: 150%;
    }

However, it does not get displayed. I am kind of new to these templates, so would really appreciate any assistance.

Cheers

deziner76hd Friend

Is there a way to use different colors in different sections or munu items with ja purity?

jcarey Friend

Hi,
    Am a newbie to Joomla and not real great at CSS either !

I have been trying to modify the width of the left column in JA-Purity (lovely template). I have succeeded in changing the width of the text are in the column – which isnt quite what I want. I want to change the total width of the column (ie up to the vertical separator line that divides it from main content). Aim is to give more room to the main content and some wrapper pages I use.

Wondering if someone could point me in the right direction to work on this

thanks in advance

Jim

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  jcarey 13 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum