Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Hey there!

I wanted to have the search box besides the megamenu so I added the following code to my template:

Copy the mainnav.php from pluginssystemjat3base-themesdefaultblocks to your template folder templatesyour_templateblocks

modify the following code from this:

<?php $this->genBlockBegin ($block) ?>
    <?php if (($jamenu = $this->loadMenu())) $jamenu->genMenu (); ?>
    <!-- jdoc:include type="menu" level="0" / -->
    <?php if ($this->hasSubmenu() && ($jamenu = $this->loadMenu())) : ?>
    <div id="ja-subnav" class="clearfix">
    <?php $jamenu->genMenu (1); ?>
    <!-- jdoc:include type="menu" level="1" / -->
    </div>
    <?php endif;?>
    <?php $this->genBlockEnd ($block) ?>

to this:

<?php $this->genBlockBegin ($block) ?>
    <?php if (($jamenu = $this->loadMenu())) $jamenu->genMenu (); ?>
    <!-- jdoc:include type="menu" level="0" / -->
    <?php if($this->countModules('navsearch')) : ?>
    <div id="navsearch">
    <jdoc:include type="modules" name="navsearch" />
    </div>
    <?php endif; ?>
    <?php if ($this->hasSubmenu() && ($jamenu = $this->loadMenu())) : ?>
    <div id="ja-subnav" class="clearfix">
    <?php $jamenu->genMenu (1); ?>
    <!-- jdoc:include type="menu" level="1" / -->
    </div>
    <?php endif;?>
    <?php $this->genBlockEnd ($block) ?>

Add the navsearch class to your template.css file like this:

#navsearch {
    position: absolute;
    top:0px;
    right:0px;
    }

You have to adjust the height and maybe make overflow hidden since this div lies above the MegaMenu.

Add the search module to the moduleposition “navsearch” and publish it. You can write the moduleposition instead of adding it to the templateDetails.xml if you’re using AdvancedModuleManager. Otherwise open up your templateDetails.xml located in you template root folder and add

<position>navsearch</position>

Done! I hope this helps a little!

TomC Moderator

Thank You for the tutorial … Always great to have additional creative ideas provided in a “how to” format.

Might we see a shot or link of the results of your efforts?

pixelzombie Friend

Sorry for the late reply, now you can see what I’ve done here: http://www.revierholz.de/ :laugh:

shanemkelley Friend

I love this I honestly loved this but when I upgraded to the Joomla 1.6 version it doesn have a blocks folder in the templates PLEASEEE help

pixelzombie Friend

<em>@shanemkelley 215382 wrote:</em><blockquote>I love this I honestly loved this but when I upgraded to the Joomla 1.6 version it doesn have a blocks folder in the templates PLEASEEE help</blockquote>

Hey shanemkelley,

the J1.5 version of the blank template didn’t have a blocks folder too.
    You just have to create it and copy the mainnav.php from pluginssystemjat3base-themesdefaultblocks to your template folder templatesyour_templateblocks
    You should be fine with my tutorial above even with the J1.6 version. Otherwise please let me know. I’ll install a J1.6 and have a look into it.

Cheers

shanemkelley Friend

Yea i tried it again I think they updated there tempalte because hwne I look over the code you tell me to overwrite it’s not the same as you had and when I do everything nothign on the front end of my websites load but when i delted the blocks folder everythign works fine.

pixelzombie Friend

I’ll have a look into this tomorrow and keep you informed 🙂

Cheers

pixelzombie Friend

Have a look at the J1.6 Forum. I’ve edited the tutorial and posted it there.

Have fun 😀

shanemkelley Friend

Your just more awesome than words can describe 🙂 Thanks

we2solutions Friend

which files want to change in the 1st step

Copy the mainnav.php from pluginssystemjat3base-themesdefaultblocks to your template folder templatesyour_templateblocks

i used mainnav.php but coding is diffrent

pixelzombie Friend

When the coding is different you maybe use the J1.6 Version of the JA T3 Plugin and template? Check the J1.6 Tutorial.
    Cheers

we2solutions Friend

It works.thanks for the quick reply.

izetta Friend

Wow!! thanks it work. 😀

akirayuki13 Friend

hi, your post is amazing, the thing is, i cant seem to find the mainnav.ph because there is no jat3 folders included in my folders. BTW, im using JA ores as template and Joomla 1.5.23. hope you can help me

pixelzombie Friend

<em>@akirayuki13 251802 wrote:</em><blockquote>hi, your post is amazing, the thing is, i cant seem to find the mainnav.ph because there is no jat3 folders included in my folders. BTW, im using JA ores as template and Joomla 1.5.23. hope you can help me</blockquote>

Hi!,
    since JA Ores is also based on the t3 framework, there must be a mainnav.php. look at the path described at #1 in my first post and copy it to you template dir. Let me know if anything is wrong. 😎

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  pixelzombie 12 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum