Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Either I made a mistake or my first post about this issue was removed. How do I turn off the upgrade notification that we get every time we edit a page? Do I need to decouple the website from my profile?

Did someone not think this was a bad idea? All one has to do is read about the issues your having on 3.7. It is good enough that I get the upgrade notification in the backend, I certainly don’t want any body but a select few doing upgrades and certainly not in certain systems until they are fully tested.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    In JA Builder the upgrade notification on front edit shows when your JA Builder version is old and new version is available so that after the update you have new blocks and improved codes.
    Do you mean you to do want such notifications? Its very important for all users to get update on time i think:)

Regards

dboggs Friend

So let’s define a user. A user in my world would be anyone who I gave rights to make edits or add new pages. Using that definition, as the admin the last thing I would do is give them rights to update or upgrade!!! So to be clear, I DO NOT want to them to be notified via the front end when an update/upgrade is available. JOOMLA already provides messages in the back-end for the administrators.

Think about it!! Which administrator in their right mind would update/upgrade production without not only having a backup and testing it in another environment.

Now if your model is every developer is working from a local machine in a stand-alone environment then the model somewhat works. However, in a shared environment, there are just to many risks.

You could at very least make the message less intrusive, so you don’t have to click the dialog box every time you make an edit. For example, a color change on the account holders menu, or another field on the menu that states an upgrade or update is available. It does not have be all or nothing, just improve the design or add the capability to turn off notifications, as it sound like this is not a feature in your product.

dboggs Friend

Any update on this? Or did I just waste my time. Can always move to another vendor.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Sorry for late reply, due to weekend holidays.
    For your feedback, I have shared your feedback to concern team for a further discussion on this request.
    Actually, the update does not effect any changes on the site, it only contains new feature and bug fixes.

Regards

dboggs Friend

I would beg to differ on that, i.e., no changes on the site. If you place your css in the front end it does overwrite that code, as well as any custom colors you may have created, when you apply the upgrade.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    JA Builder updates do not modify your previous created blocks.
    You can share the details of an issue with screenshot and site details if you loosing any changes due to updates.

Regards

dboggs Friend

So I am the only one having this issue?

Fairly simple to test.

1. Enter some css in the Custom CSS section either for a specific page or for the entire site.
    2. Enter some hex codes for custom colors.
    3. Upgrade.
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    I just finished an update on a site for JA Builder to latest version 1.0.5 and there is no issue in custom code.
    Everything is same http://prntscr.com/fao1l4
    updates do not effect the blocks as these are stored in your database once u create them.

Regards

dboggs Friend

Alright wish I could say that was what I experienced but it wasn’t in any upgrades of versions to date. I am upgrading another instance later this week, and will see if I can reproduce the issue.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  dboggs 6 years, 12 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum