Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I would like to convert the search module area so it will fit a 728*90 banner. What css code would I need to edit/add in order to accomplish this?

Thanks.

tfosnom Friend

Hi 1Option
    You’ll foul up the responsiveness of the site if you change the search from it’s size to bigger, I tried that with just a extra 50 px in size and it merges with the logo on Iphone view so I killed the area off.
    But from what I see try line 162 of the main template.css file

This code

#finder-filter-select-list li label {
    display: inline-block;
    min-width: 150px; increase to your banner width + room for borders, padding
    add height declaration to suit banner height + borders, padding – then publish your banner to the search position
    }

You may have to modify the template.css in whatever theme (blue, brown etc.) you are using, I didn’t pursue my original idea after destroying the responsive look, so never checked the theme template.css files to see if mods were necessary.
    Cheers Shannon

1option Friend

Hello and thanks for your response. I inserted the code but to no avail. I still have the responsive problem. How would I go about turning the responsive feature off all together?

THanks again.

tfosnom Friend

Without seeing your actual site I can’t delve into stuff. I’m just going by what I did to replace the search module with a social network row of icons that were bigger than the search area. Are you using a custom module to load your banner? or are you using the Joomla banner component. Maybe tomorrow I may play with your idea on my local copy and see what I come up with.

If you wish to kill off the responsive side of the site you waste the main objectives of using that template if responsiveness isn’t necessary perhaps JA nex would suit.
    Cheers Shannon

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  tfosnom 11 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum