Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Please help,
    I need to turn off the k2 side bar on the blog, you can see what I mean here:
    http://www.s387718370.websitehome.co.uk/Proofs/FalconAero/index.php/blog-style/item/665-logo-design-tips-letterspacing-typefaces

How do I do this?

Regards,
    Sean R.

Scott Lavelle Friend

You need to crate a new layout that just has the middle section and not the left or right (both showing to the right of the middle in your example). Go into Extensions…Template manager…select your template and then go to the layout tab. Clone one of the existing layouts and give it a name, then make sure that the middle part only looks like this:

<blocks name="middle">
    </blocks>

Then, make sure that you make a profile to point at that layout.

Then, go to the left side of the template editor (assuming you are on 2.5 – if 1.5, you need to go to the Global tab, I think) and point at the menu item going to your Blog page and associate the profile that points to the right new layout there. this should get rid of the columns.

While a bit complicated, this is an excellent way to be able to have as many page layouts as you like, all base don the component or menu item that you associate them to.

Hope this helps – please let us know.

Scott Lavelle - Technical Resource Solutions, LLC
    Certified Joomla Administrator

Ninja Lead Moderator

Look at my screenshot, you mean:

Open templates/ja_zite/css/k2.css file
    from

div.itemToolbar {
    background: #fff
    border: 1px solid #ddd
    margin: 0 0 20px;
    padding: 4px 5px;
    }

change to

div.itemToolbar {
    padding: 4px 5px;
    }

Let me know if i mis-understood your request.

1. Turn_off_K2_Side_Bar
    reders Friend

This does not help.
    I understand about the layouts, but I still need the right module position.

The K2 side bar is generated when a user clicks on one of the blog post read more’s on the home page.
    When a user clicks the menu link the page appears perfect.

Example:
    Go to : http://www.s387718370.websitehome.co.uk/Proofs/FalconAero/
    Scroll down to ‘Our Blog’ and click a read more, this is where the page is wrong.

When you click the menu link ‘Our Blog’ the page appears perfect.

Regards,
    Sean R.

reders Friend

I have managed to solve this. I removed the php code for the sidebar in the /templates/ja_zite/html/com_k2/ja_zite/item.php

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  reders 11 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum