Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I essentially have the need for 2 groups of tags and am aware that this cannot be done. I also need/want to use this Search module. I have thought of different ways of doing this but each comes with it’s problem.

1. create 2 extra fields set to searchable labels – But I need the search to be in the form of a drop down – and it gives only a text area

2. create 2 extra fields set to multiselect drop downs with pre populated options – this gives me the drop downs in the search but I need the actual text “labels/tags” to be clickable as well, like searchable labels or tags.

I thought using idea 2 could work if I was able to wrap each “label” in hrefs and triggered the option using query but I’m a little lost now. I have the module set to auto filter and have successfully selected the option but cannot get it to trigger using the following:

jQuery(‘.ja-k2filter #xf_6>option:eq(1)’).attr(‘selected’, ‘selected’).trigger(‘change’);

Is it possible to trigger the form to search at this point?

I’m also not sure what I’m doing with the array.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Chris.

Thanh Nguyen Viet Friend

Hello chrisreeves,

In this case, you can create K2 extra fields as dropdown select box, and in JA K2 filter module setting form, you can select “Magic select” type for that field. The magic select field type is similar to tags cloud but a bit nicer 🙂

FYI: K2 extra fields type “Searchable label” is not supported in current version of JA K2 filter. I will raise this issue in our bug tracker system for implementing it in next version.
    You can check the status here http://pm.joomlart.com/browse/JAK2FILTER-91

ebajh69 Friend

I too was looking to be able to leverage the Searchable Label. Interested to know when this will be added.

HeR0 Friend

Dear Ebajh69,

It is hard for me to confirm when it will be added into a exactly version.
    Pls stay tuned for update news via our blog.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  HeR0 10 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum