Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I am using JA_Teline_II and I am really getting used to it and loving all that it does, however I am building a newsite for someone that compiles news from other sites via rss. I need to merge mod_janews and the built in news feeder. I want each of those sections to come up with the feed that I designate.

Does anyone have any idea as to what I should do I have been working on this for hours without any sucess.

adisoft Friend

I have successfully used the following extension to work this one out:

1. Feedgator vs. 0.3 (for J1.0… can be downloaded at joomla.org as it runs as a project there)
    1.a. Feedgator 2.0 (for J.1.5..) can be found here: http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/feedgator/forum/?action=ForumBrowse&forum_id=6729&_forum_action=ForumMessageBrowse&thread_id=8606
    Feed Gator is the only extension to my knowledge that turns the rss feeds into the database and therefore becoming content items
    2. Before you start using this component, you have to create appropriate categories and/or sections , into which the rss feeds from feegator store the news and will then be called into Ja-news module by using the corresponding section or category IDs.
    3. Feed Gator does not have an automatic rss-feed cron job. So you either have to manually push the button within the component in order to update the rss-feeds or you better install a cron job (tab) at your webserver. The cron job is automizing exactly what you normally would do every 30 minutes orso manually in feedgator. As some webservices do not provide appropriate cron jobs, I found another non-commercial component that is doing the cron job via Joomla. The extension is called “JCron Scheduler” and can be found here: http://extensions.joomla.org/component/option,com_mtree/task,viewlink/link_id,847/Itemid,35/

Adrian

rubikonas Friend

hello,

are there a more simple way to make that rss feed would include all the news, that are created.

Now it takes only those, which are marked as Front page news.

would be very glad for an answer

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  rubikonas 15 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum