Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

I Cannot change the text of “Try Discover Free” i tried many ways to find a solution everywhere without success, i edited the “en-GB.tpl_ja_appolio.ini” from the “templates/ja_appolio/language” directory but its still not working. Please Help!

Thanks

Henry Kingman Friend

Editing the language file does work to change the text. Perhaps you need to disable the t3 or joomla cache, or clear your browser cache?

Ilyas Harafi Friend

It’s ok, i edited the off-canvas-login.php file and it worked i guess the documentation for this template is not 100% correct many things that we have to figure on our own. Thanks anyways guys

Ilyas Harafi Friend

I wonder if its possible to make the “TPL_TRY_DISCOVER_FREE” button say ‘Login’ when Joomla detects nobody is logged in and then it says ‘Logout’ when it detects someone is logged in. I tried to find a solution but did not find nothing simple all the solutions take time to incorporate to the template. Anybody have an idea how to do this i think i would be a great idea to include that in this template

Ninja Lead Moderator

Please try workaround below, hope that helps:

Note: remember to back-up old file before apply this tweak

+ Download and extract my attached file (it should be stored in the folder: templates/ja_appolio/tpls/blocks/off-canvas-login.php)
    + Open language/en-GB/en-GB.tpl_ja_appolio.ini file, add the following text:

TPL_TRY_DISCOVER_FREE_LOGOUT="Log out"
    TPL_TRY_DISCOVER_FREE_LOGIN="Log in"

1. off-canvas-login.zip
    Ilyas Harafi Friend

Thanks it is working well now

slider22 Friend

<em>@hkingman 405566 wrote:</em><blockquote>Editing the language file does work to change the text. Perhaps you need to disable the t3 or joomla cache, or clear your browser cache?</blockquote>

This is so frustrating, I changed the “en-GB.tpl_ja_appolio.ini” in “templates/ja_appolio/language”, cleared the joomla cache, cleared the BROWSER cache, checked it on PC that NEVER went to this url, and it still says TRY DISCOVER FREE

BTW what the F does try discover free mean anyway? Why is this so difficult!? Please someone give me a concrete way to change the stupid button text. Thank you!>:(

Henry Kingman Friend

<em>@slider22 420835 wrote:</em><blockquote>This is so frustrating, I changed the “en-GB.tpl_ja_appolio.ini” in “templates/ja_appolio/language”</blockquote>

Perhaps you should try editing the actual Joomla language files instead. The front-end files live in languages/en-GB/ while the admin files are in administrator/languages/en-GB (or whatever language your site uses, obviously)

Like anything, I guess Joomla is frustrating until you know it. Then, it’s not.

Good luck,

-Henry

daveburstein Friend

Hi,
    Edited the off canvas login php button as suggested can’t find where to put it. BTW I agree, this shouldn’t be so hard.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Dave,

Thought that this “Try Discover Free” button can be easily changed via language file of this template in your current default language folder: /lanugage/xx-XX/xx-XX.tpl_ja_appolio.ini

For i.e, in our demo site, English is default language, you can find this text field:

TPL_TRY_DISCOVER_FREE = "Try Discover Free"

in the file: /language/en-GB/en-GB.tpl_ja_appolio.ini

citroen1968a Friend

Hi ,

this is the way i did change the tekst

go to the backend => extensions=>Language Manager: Installed Languages=> overrides=> new=>TPL_TRY_DISCOVER_FREE=>
    select search for constant=>then hit blue button search, click then on the search result and then change in the tekst area what you want to change.

if you have multi language site please at then the language first in the language.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  citroen1968a 9 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum