Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

This feature for custom font headlines can’t display eastern european characters (croatian). I have empty spaces in headlines where there should be a special character.

Is there a way to disable that feature, or maybe add a different charset (windows-1250) to it?

regards

p.s. (my site isn’t live yet, so i can’t provide link to it, but if you want illustration of what’s happening, i’ll take a screenshot)

kris_395 Friend

Hi,
    I found some problems with encoding in articles titles (in this case Central European characters – Polish).

All characters are correct in backend article title but they are missing in frontend.
    When I switch Nickel to any other Ja Template frontend encoding and articles titles are correct.
    How to fix this issue ?

avekic Friend

<em>@kris_395 120817 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

All characters are correct in backend article title but they are missing in frontend.
    When I switch Nickel to any other Ja Template frontend encoding and articles titles are correct.
    How to fix this issue ?</blockquote>

It’s because Nickel uses a feature that makes possible for headlines do be displayed with custom font (not web safe). I know that.

But what I (and you, and all others who decide to use this template) will wan’t to know is how to disable that nice font feature that obviously isn’t ready for our language charset. 🙂

avekic Friend

OK…

I was researching myself … that feature is called CUFON http://wiki.github.com/sorccu/cufon/usage

I’ll go trough documentation and try to generate different javascript file with font that supports easterneuropean characters, and If I succeed I’m coming back here to report it 😉

avekic Friend

Here I go again…

I generated my own font here http://cufon.shoqolate.com/generate/
    (i used calibri from my own machine)

…got Calibri_400.font.js and put it in /js/cufon folder
    and replaced code in index.php

but result was plain old Arial in headlines – WITH characters i need

one step forward, and one backward…
    it would be great if someone could explain to me how to get proper result .. 😉
    (without this success/failure method of mine – it would take too long, save me some time please)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  avekic 15 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum